Something called an SSL error ?

Tuddley3

I just recently re-installed Windows. Ever since I installed Mailwasher again, I can't seem to report anymore. Here is what happens when I try to process the mail...

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security related option. In Windows Live Mail (WLM) it can be enabled or disabled at Tools > Accounts (on Task bar), then Properties and the Advanced tab for each email account. I haven't used (or seen) Mailwasher for a few years, so I don't know if it has it's own SSL option or just uses the WLM options.

Thanks guys. I guess the newest version of WLM doesn't have the Advanted tab (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726). I suppose you guys use Firetrust. I would too, but I can't afford it.

What is confusing me, is that before I formatted my HD, I had no problems

I guess the newest version of WLM doesn't have the Advanted tab (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726).
On the Taskbar (above Toolbar) select Tools, from the dropdown menu select Accounts. Highlight the appropriate Mail account from the list, then click on Properties on the right. On the Properties display there are 5 tabs, Advanced being the furthest on right (last). On the Advanced tab are the option boxes for SSL, server ports, etc.

What is confusing me, is that before I formatted my HD, I had no problems

If any options were set differently before formatting than they are now, that could account for any current problems.

Archived