webmail filter- how do i...?

i noticed a huge proportion of held mail has my xxxxxx[at]spamcop.net account listed in the 'from' field (as if I had emailed or cc'd myself). Is there a simple way to automatically filter/delete these while keeping things that I actually email to myself?

has my xxxxxx[at]spamcop.net account listed in the 'from' field (as if I had emailed or cc'd myself). Is there a simple way to automatically filter/delete these while keeping things that I actually email to myself?
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way.

One thing you can do is make sure your own address is not on your SpamCop whitelist, so that the spam that *does* trigger the filters will get diverted to your Held Mail folder.

If you only use your SpamCop account for email filtering, and don't use the address as your public face, and if you can use an address other than your SpamCop address to send stuff to yourself, you can put your own address on your SpamCop blacklist.

- Don -

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way.

One thing you can do is make sure your own address is not on your SpamCop whitelist, so that the spam that *does* trigger the filters will get diverted to your Held Mail folder.

If you only use your SpamCop account for email filtering, and don't use the address as your public face, and if you can use an address other than your SpamCop address to send stuff to yourself, you can put your own address on your SpamCop blacklist.

I appreciate the reply, Don.

Bummer, I thought not, but was hoping there'd be some kind of filter that would allow me to say something like:

IF from=xxxxx[at]spamcop.net AND smtp <>spamcop.net THEN bounce.

It's not that big of a deal since it is just the held mail folder.

Hmm... could I set a filter to bounce xxxx[at]spamcop.net and then whitelist and cc myself as xxxx+me[at]spamcop.net? Would that work?

could I set a filter to bounce xxxx[at]spamcop.net and then whitelist and cc myself as xxxx+me[at]spamcop.net? Would that work?

sc doesn't "bounce" anything except possibly unknown users. Perhaps you meant "send to trash"?

Above all, the most important thing is to examine your Held Mail each and every time to ensure you're not reporting a correspondent or, worse yet, yourself.

Why do you email yourself? Use your 'sent mail' folder if you really must keep track.

Archived