Account disabled - I am trying to enable it...

Elzar

My account has been "disabled".

After much pain I was able to figure out how to renable it (supposedly) by adding an account email configuration something or other to spamcop. (This was very time consuming and confusing - I do not recall all the details).

I was sent a "success" email from Spamcop that it had added/accepted my email host (yahoo). But my spamcop account is still disabled. What do I do now??? How do I get the account fixed????? Virtually none of this makes any sense to me.

It's bad enough that spammers are forging my email address as the reply-to causing my email address to be flooded with NDRs every 2 or 3 days, but now I can't even file the reports on those emails either (to add insult to injury).

If someone can help me to get my spamcop account reenabled I would be grateful. I realize I am probably wasting my time filing the reports but it at least feels like I am fighting back and would like to keep doing that. Thanks.

My account has been "disabled".

After much pain I was able to figure out how to renable it (supposedly) by adding an account email configuration something or other to spamcop. (This was very time consuming and confusing - I do not recall all the details).

I was sent a "success" email from Spamcop that it had added/accepted my email host (yahoo). But my spamcop account is still disabled. What do I do now??? How do I get the account fixed????? Virtually none of this makes any sense to me.

It's bad enough that spammers are forging my email address as the reply-to causing my email address to be flooded with NDRs every 2 or 3 days, but now I can't even file the reports on those emails either (to add insult to injury).

If someone can help me to get my spamcop account reenabled I would be grateful. I realize I am probably wasting my time filing the reports but it at least feels like I am fighting back and would like to keep doing that. Thanks.

Posting in this forum/section implies you are talking about a spamcop email address - [at]spamcop.net or [at]cesmail.net, whatever. I'm not sure you mean that but if you do then the contact address is support[at]spamcop.net

If you are talking about your SC reporting account, contact Don - service[at]admin.spamcop.net, don't post any account details or your official email address here (but Don will need them). I'm sure he can get you going again in a flash if that's the one.

[on edit] Topic moved from Email System and Accounts following Don's post, below. Thanks Don.

I just now sent you another email with full instructions so you can get your Mailhosts registered so I can reinstate reporting for you.

Thanks.

Yes, I am talking about my spamcop spam "reporting" account.

I will reply back direct to Don.

I only have one email address now that I wish to report spam on - the one that is getting bombed with NDRs.

...In that case, I shall move this to the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum.

...Sorry to hear of your problem, Elzar -- I hope it gets resolved soon!

It is a mailhosting problem :P , to which forum I moved it ex the Email system and accounts forum (I think, dunno what happened to the re-direct but I advised the O/P). Who must be thoroughly bemused by now.

It is a mailhosting problem :P , to which forum I moved it ex the Email system and accounts forum (I think, dunno what happened to the re-direct but I advised the O/P). Who must be thoroughly bemused by now.

I removed the redirect. Topic starter replied to this Topic in the 'new' location, so I removed the redirect from the initial location.

I'm of the belief that what has not been mentioned/made clear is that "Quick Reporting" was in use. I don't recall that running through the MailHost Configuration of Your Reporting Account would disable anything but the Quick-Reporting mode. (and as I recall, this was pretty much an automatic action, so that the user would verify the Reporting results before doing the 'shoot fast with little verification' mode.) So I'll agree with the confusion involved, as it would seem to be a combination of issues with both the MailHost Configuration process and (Quick) Reporting action.

Archived