MAILSC BROKEN???

mrmaxx

I'm getting errors from mailsc.spamcop.net trying to log into the IMAP server. Anyone know what's going on with this? Had the same problem a couple weeks ago, but it magically resolved itself... I've emailed JeffT and "service" at cesmail.net, but haven't heard anything back yet... but it's only been an hour or so since I sent off that email. There are no reports of any problems on the website, so I thought I'd check in here.

I'm getting errors from mailsc.spamcop.net trying to log into the IMAP server. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Not sure if you described the 'symptom' correctly or not. The 'mailsc' URL invokes the bit of a hack that causes the spamcop.net servers to open a bit of a backchannel to the cesmail.net servers. Pleading a bit of ignorance, but I suppose IMAP 'could' be involved????

Anyway, I was able to log into the 'mailsc' URL, had nothing to Report (having already done that by hand prior to reading this) .... pulled up the Help Folder with no issue. The Webmail Tab took me to yet another login page.

I would have to guess that the issue would have been a communications problem between the two networks at the time. I don't see an issue at the moment.

Not sure if you described the 'symptom' correctly or not. The 'mailsc' URL invokes the bit of a hack that causes the spamcop.net servers to open a bit of a backchannel to the cesmail.net servers. Pleading a bit of ignorance, but I suppose IMAP 'could' be involved????

Anyway, I was able to log into the 'mailsc' URL, had nothing to Report (having already done that by hand prior to reading this) .... pulled up the Help Folder with no issue. The Webmail Tab took me to yet another login page.

I would have to guess that the issue would have been a communications problem between the two networks at the time. I don't see an issue at the moment.

Yeah... it doesn't come up until you try to do something with the held email. It is working again... probably going to turn out to be one of those troublesome intermittent issues... :(

Not exactly sure how it works, but I'm guessing somehow the mailsc URL logs into the email server as the user to report/release held messages.... It appears something is breaking down at that point. If I was a betting man, I'd guess that there is an issue between several of the servers involved...and you have to get *just* the right (or wrong, depending on how you look at it) combination of web server and email server....

Archived