Reported spam does not get blocked

Black Tiger

I got a slight problem.

A person abused the alibaba.com mailsystem to get my email adres.

Now this company is sending me once or twice a week email spam being price lists.

I wrote this company several times to remove me from their mailing list because it's unsolliceted mail (so imho it's spam).

No reaction whatsoever.

Now I started putting in spamcop reports. I put in several, but nothing happens.

He won't get blacklisted and mails from this company keep getting in my mailbox.

Last reports:

Company's name is Numach LTD, they won't answer phone either and don't respond to mail.

What can I do and why does this company does not get a spam indication?

I think in general it takes many reports from many recipients (and spamtraps) to get an IP address listed (otherwise there would be too much of a "hair trigger" and a high risk of wrongful listing). And then, even if it is listed, the listing won't make any difference if your mail provider does not use SpamCop to weigh your incoming mail.

"They" (the spammers) don't typically get the spam indications...their "upstream" providers do, and these may themselves be victims of the spammer's bandwidth theft. Of course, if the spammers are crooks, they're not going to let a little note from SpamCop deter them much. If they even see it.

As for what you can do: if the sender always uses the same from-address (or some other feature of the header), you may be able to set your mail program up to automatically flag or discard incoming mail from this address. If you have the paid SpamCop mail service, you can also put this address on your personal

"blacklist" and it will be detained.

-- rick

An email directly to their ISP might also hel
You Betcha (to quote an au courant politician). You kindly posted the report numbers, but although we can see to whom the reports were sent, we can't see the messages themselves, so it is hard to give specific advice. However, if you can examine the technical details of the SpamCop parse, you should find the ISP that transmitted the message (either AOL or Yahoo, it appears) and send a report directly to one or both of them.

-- rick

I got a slight problem.

A person abused the alibaba.com mailsystem to get my email adres.

Now this company is sending me once or twice a week email spam being price lists.

I wrote this company several times to remove me from their mailing list because it's unsolliceted mail (so imho it's spam).

No reaction whatsoever.

Now I started putting in spamcop reports. I put in several, but nothing happens.

He won't get blacklisted and mails from this company keep getting in my mailbox.

You might also try reporting this on Yahoo's webpage

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/abuse.html

The spam is coming from Yahoo to you

Sounds like you also need a better email provider?

I'm sorry for my late reply. I've setup that I would get a notification email if a reply was posted, but I did not receive a mail so I have to check that.

Anyway. Thank you all for all your answers to me.

The abuse is indeed coming from AOL and/or yahoo, but I don't understand why a personal mail would help better then the reports send out by spamcop, correct? I will give it a try anyway.

Sorry I thought the report id's would be enough, tracker id's are here:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z4877118076z0...4c5eeda01a816az

and

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z4875275996z8...447fdf450cd34dz

That are two of them, I presume that is enough? If not I would be glad to provide further info.

Sounds like you also need a better email provider?

Doesn't sound to my like that. I don't want to use another email provider, I've got several email accounts and providers and normally no problems with spam, or I report them and they mostly get blacklisted very soon.

But this is the email address which I got with my xDSL provider, this also normally almost never receives spam, so no need for yet another email provider.

The problem I keep getting this mail is because it won't get up a blacklist.:)

I will also try and use the yahoo abuse option, thanks!

Archived