[Resolved] No reports filed???

mrmaxx

When I use "quick" reporting lately and then go check out my past reports, at least a good 2/3 of the spam I report is NOT getting reported...any idea why? I wish I could give you report numbers, but I'm not even getting that... when I click on "past reports" I get the subject and then "no reports filed." What's going on here.. I know it's not to old...it's fresh when I report it.

Thanks!

...Appears that we may have a repeat of an old buggie -- see SpamCop Forum "thread" "Parser Stuck (?) When Quick Reporting." It's long, so you may wish to briefly scan the whole thing, first, then go back to read more carefully those posts that look most useful.

...Bottom line is that this may be best handled by sending a message off to the SpamCop Deputies (deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net). Please keep us posted here as to what happens. Thanks!

When I use "quick" reporting lately and then go check out my past reports, at least a good 2/3 of the spam I report is NOT getting reported...any idea why?

How soon after reporting are you checking? It can take sometime before reports are filed.

Andrew

a good 2/3 of the spam I report is NOT getting reported
I reviewed your report history for the past few days (through May 7th.). I found three examples of unreported spam. One from the 8th, and two on the 10th.

They parsed just fine for me, but, unfortunately, the spams are too old to report, so I can't see what you were seeing.

The next time this happens, please let me know immediately so I can take a close look at the unreported spam before it ages out.

Please email me directly.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

They parsed just fine for me, but, unfortunately, the spams are too old to report, so I can't see what you were seeing.

The next time this happens, please let me know immediately so I can take a close look at the unreported spam before it ages out.

Please email me directly.

Thanks, Don... Will do.

How soon after reporting are you checking? It can take sometime before reports are filed.

:blush: Andrew... it looks like you're right. I waited maybe a minute or two after reporting before clicking the "past reports" button. The messages all said "no reports filed" however, when I went back a few minutes later, this time there were reports... My bad... :blush:

Thanks, folks! And apologies to Don for panicking. :D

Archived