15k+ spam emails today

PandA

I got and reported over 15,000 spam emails today, mostly having to do with making (adjective) money (adverb)....

You can replace any positive adjective or adverb above and I think I got every freakin' one of them.

Banner day for the joe-jobs.

And, yeah I also got a *few* embiggen your appendage as well...

A real banner day....

:blink::ph34r:<_<

Wow, I can't recall hearing of a higher number offhand (and noting for other readers it requires dispensation from SC to report such large numbers - over 3,000 per day). Are they "your" spam or misdirected bounces (sent to non-existent addresses and bounced "back" to you by clueless mail admins in the receiver domains because your address has been spoofed as the sender/return address? Those can have really high counts. It is technically possible for a provider to filter those out of your mail stream but I know of only one that does so (mine). No doubt the practice might spread if it becomes recognized as a "competitive advantage" (but those runs usually only last a day or two, allow a little more for those with extended retry policies).

That's not much use to you here and now though, even if bounces are the cause. Sympathy. But you've got them (or most) diverting to a junk-mail/spam box I take it? Well, of course you do (answers self), your handling is obviously streamlined to handle such numbers. No-one could survive with that much through their inbox. Aaagh - survival skills for the 21st century. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

How do you report that many? I am still working on them, but by now the two day time limit has expired.

O/P hasn't logged in since making that first post, so hijacking the response on the assumption he's not following the topic - quick reporting in batches would be the only feasible way. See the SCWiki, a series of articles "How I Use SpamCop" might provide some match to your situation and pointers on high-volume handling.

O/P hasn't logged in since making that first post, so hijacking the response on the assumption he's not following the topic - quick reporting in batches would be the only feasible way. See the SCWiki, a series of articles "How I Use SpamCop" might provide some match to your situation and pointers on high-volume handling.

That didn't help much. I wish there was a way to display many more at a time and have them come out sorted some way besides by arrival time. This is another one of spamcop's many shortcomings.

Archived