My server is blocked?

xpeppe86x

hi guys,

i try to write here becouse i have a problem with 1 of our mail server.

From today a lot of mail sent by our customers come back with this messages :

xxx[at]yyyyy.com 24/10/2011 14.42

mx1.nd.co.za: 550-Rejected RBL: 62.101.93.132 is listed in bl.spamcop.net (Blocked - see\r\n550 http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.101.93.132)

Impossibile raggiungere i seguenti destinatari:

xxxx[at]edenviaggi.it 24/10/2011 17.09

srv.edenviaggi.it: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [62.101.93.132] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.101.93.132

xxxxxx[at]edenviaggi.it 24/10/2011 17.09

srv.edenviaggi.it: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [62.101.93.132] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.101.93.132

can i have some help about this problem?

is very urgent for me becouse i lost buisness for this and i need to resolve it very quickly.

tnx for help

regards

can i have some help about this problem?

is very urgent for me becouse i lost buisness for this and i need to resolve it very quickly.

spam from your server is hitting spamptraps. See the FAQ on spamtraps.

62.101.93.132 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 8 hours.
Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Express-delisting is not available
Listing History
In the past 83.4 days, it has been listed 16 times for a total of 18.1 days

What have you done so far to clean up your server?

<snip>

is very urgent for me becouse i lost buisness for this

<snip>

...This should suggest something to you about your relying upon e-mail for your business. There are many reasons e-mail might not be delivered -- relying on it alone for important communications is not wise. In some cases, you may not even be informed of a failure to deliver your e-mail!

62.101.93.132 is aa012-1msr.fastwebnet.it

I'm sorry that you got involved in all this. Service providers are desperate to protect their users from junk e-mail (spam), and they're taking all sorts of extreme steps to do it. It's a sad commentary on the abusive Internet environment of today.

The reason that the mail server IP address is on our list doesn't have anything to do with you personally or with the email you're sending.

You're getting a rejection notice because the folks you're trying to send mail to are using an ISP which has started using blocking lists to help defend itself against the onslaught of spam, and who refuses to accept mail from your ISP's mail server because it's on the SpamCop Blocking List due to complaints about spam coming from it.

I wish I could be more helpful, but the SpamCop Blocking List is totally complaint driven. All we can do is wait to see if the spam stops.

In the meantime, you should contact your ISP to see what they're doing to get the spam problem fixed. Please show them a copy of the rejection notice you're getting so they'll know what server is at issue.

Servers on the list will automatically be removed 24 hours after the spam stops.

You can read about the list here: http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

62.101.93.132 is aa012-1msr.fastwebnet.it

The reason that the mail server IP address is on our list doesn't have anything to do with you personally or with the email you're sending.

The OP refers to 'one of our servers' so I rather assumed the OP was in charge of the server :(

Archived