Spamcop problems - no email since the 19th

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with Spamcop. I saw the post on the login page that there were some "issues" that were causing mail to be slow. But I haven't gotten any email - or even spam for that matter - since then.

I have tested the account by using other email addresses and sending emails to my address. Not a single one of them has arrived. If I remove mail forwarding to my spamcop.net address, I get the emails. So, that would tell me that there is still some problem on Spamcop's end.

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on and how I can get my spamcop address/account back in working order?

Thanks

Brian Vauter

Only guessing here .. can you (have you ever) logged in via webmail? Have you checked your member settings / preferences to see if anything changed? Worst case, kick off a direct note to support at spamcop.net with enough data for JT to dig up your account and take a look. As there's not a major outcry here or over in the newsgroups, this doesn't seem to be a system failure.

I will say that I have been getting my messages as heavily as ever to reiterate Wazoo's statement that it does not seem to be a system wide problem.

I did experience a problem last week where my forwarding service had failed (still no explaination for that) but direct emails to my spamcop account came through just fine.

Wazoo, Yes. I routinely check my spamcop.net account via webmail to clear out and report spam in my held mail folder. But with not even so much as a single spam in my held mail folder, I began to get suspicious. (Imagine that, I get worried because I'm NOT recieving spam!)

What seems to be going on is related to the forwarding of mail from my "official" adddress to spamcop. I just tried to send something directly to my spamcop address and that went through.

Steven, what did you do to get the forwarding to fix itself. I am now assuming that the problem does lie somewhere in there. In addition to my account, three other people within our organization are having similar problems.

Thanks for the help! I'll send an email to support and see what happens.

Brian

OK.For sure the problem with me not getting any email is in the forwarding. Jeff suggested two things:

1. Try and check with my ISP as they might be having some sort of "issue" with forwarding email. Did that. The folks at my ISP said that there appeared to be some problem with both Yahoo and Spamcop in that forwarded email was "stacking up" and not getting through.

2. Jeff suggested that my ISP had been added to the blacklist, and the email might be in the Held Mail folder. Since no email, even spam, has been coming through (forwarding doesn't work), there's no email to be found in the Held Email folder.

Does anybody out there know how I can proceed from this point? I hate it when the end user gets bounced back and forth because "it's never MY server that's causing the problem." Can anybody offer any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks

Brian

Steven, what did you do to get the forwarding to fix itself. I am now assuming that the problem does lie somewhere in there.

The problem I had was with the company netforward.com who forwards my poboxes.com addresses to spamcop for me. The problem was resolved there but I still don't have an update as to the cause.

In addition to my account, three other people within our organization are having similar problems.

Do you all have the same forwarding setup? Do all of these messages follow the same routes?

The only other thing I could offer is to email jefft (I don't know if that is the Jeff you refer to here and there are 2 prominent Jeff's) who is the adminitrator of the email side of things and ask him to check the logs for connections from your forwarding service. I think that the email address is support<at>spamcop.net to contact him. He also checks these message boards out so he might see this and reply here as well.

1. Try and check with my ISP as they might be having some sort of "issue" with forwarding email. Did that. The folks at my ISP said that there appeared to be some problem with both Yahoo and Spamcop in that forwarded email was "stacking up" and not getting through.

In the interim of waiting to see if JeffT gets in here, can you ask your ISP to provide at least a snippet of the logs between them and SpamCop to see if there's something obvious there to show why "things are stacking up" ... ???

Archived