[Resolved] Contact for

Hello,

I receive a spam item from marketing.multitech.com but the reporting address claims to be tridley#mutlitech.com[at]devnull.spamcop.net.

The domain mutlitech.com is not registered, I suspect someone fat-fingered "multitech."

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5203602046z9...16301b9699c7f1z

The whois record had a comment in every record that says "NOTE: For abuse issues, please email abuse[at]qwest.net."

I cancelled the report in the hopes it can be fixed in time to report it!

tridley[at]multitech.com does not seem to be a deliverable address "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table"

Hitting the [refresh/show] link:

Removing old cache entries.

Tracking details

Display data:

"whois 65.126.90.13[at]whois.arin.net" (Getting contact from whois.arin.net )

Found AbuseEmail in whois abuse[at]qwest.net

65.112.0.0 - 65.127.255.255:abuse[at]qwest.net

Routing details for 65.126.90.13

Using best contacts abuse-nonverbose[at]qwest.net

... and looking at your cancelled report:

Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:

Reportid: 5671447697 To: cancelled[at]devnull.spamcop.net

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 65.126.90.13 (Administrator of network where email originates)

abuse-nonverbose[at]qwest.net

... so, if that is so, you should be good to go!

Hitting the [refresh/show] link:

Ah yes, I should have figured that one out.

Just to make sure you understand the point of my original post, though: mutlitech.com ≠ multitech.com. I had hoped the word "typo" might have given it away :P

<snip>

Just to make sure you understand the point of my original post, though: mutlitech.com ≠ multitech.com. I had hoped the word "typo" might have given it away :P

...FWIW, I noticed! Nothing Steve or I can do about it, though, that takes SpamCop staff. The best we can do is offer suggestions such as "refresh." :) <g>

...Just to make sure you understand the point of my original post, though: mutlitech.com ≠ multitech.com. I had hoped the word "typo" might have given it away :P
Yep, picked that up too - which is why, as said, I tested the corrected multitech.com address and found that unresponsive with a "User unknown in relay recipient table" message. Which is not the message received for NXD such as any attempt to mutlitech.com will give. But I was too nice to belabour the point. Until now :P:D

Archived