Help mails

Hi !

Since yesterday I get the majority of my personal mails in my HELD folder with the following details in the extended header information

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on blade6

X-spam-Level: **

X-spam-Status: hits=2.6 tests=HTML_40_50,HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN,HTML_MESSAGE, MAILTO_TO_SPAM_ADDR,X_MSMAIL_PRIORITY_HIGH,X_PRIORITY_HIGH version=2.63

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.101 66.84.15.91

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked bl.spamcop.net

Can someone help me out of this

Thank you in advance

Enigma

Theimportant lines are:

X-SpamCop-Checked: 192.168.1.101 66.84.15.91

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked bl.spamcop.net

The last IP address listed in the top line is the IP found on the DNSBL. The bottom line tells you which DNSBL the IP was found on.

The reason this message was stopped was that when the message was delivered to the spamcop servers, the IP address 66.84.15.91 was on the blaklist. This report shows it is currently not listed.

66.84.15.91 is s91.n15.vds2000.com

This IP looks like a DHCP derived one to me. I don't know your setup but the message you posted shows this message passed through this IP address at some point. We would need full headers to make that determination.

Well ,

Does the X-SpamCop-Checked line and most of all the last IP address indicate the problematic IP ? The funny thing is that I get blacklisted, mails comming from reliable sources, something which was not the case since yesterday.

I have found out what it is !

The IP 66.84.15.91 is where my mail is being forwarded to spamcop. How can I exclude this from the Spamcop reporting feature ? This IP is not where the spam is comming from.

Thank you

Enigma

Does the X-SpamCop-Checked line and most of all the last IP address indicate the problematic IP ?

Yes. The last IP is the cause of being diverted to Held Mail.

Find out why that IP is in your mail routing and complain to that provider.

Using my own configuration to explain this:

192.168.1.101 - This would be the spamcop internal handoff of the message and would not cause a block.

66.84.15.91 - This would be the IP that sent the message to spamcop. It could be the source that sent the email to the spamcop.net address or it could be a forwarder (likely since you are getting lots of false positives) which redirects messages to spamcop. I use netforward and their IP would be here for all of my messages (that came through them). If this were my message, I would complain to netforward.com.

How can I exclude this from the Spamcop reporting feature ?

I'm hoping that the feature you describe (which we don't currently have) will end up a happy side effect of "Mailhosts".

The mailhost configuration should specifically fix this problem if by forwarding to spamcop you mean that all email to that address is automatically forwarded to your spamcop email address.

My possible confusion here is that you can also forward spam to your reporting address and this should NOT be in the spamcop report at all.

The mailhost configuration should specifically fix this problem if by forwarding to spamcop you mean that all email to that address is automatically forwarded to your spamcop email address.

That's what I meant. And it seemed to me it would fix that problem, but I didn't see it explicitly mentioned, yet.

Archived