Mailhost reporting failing

Every spam I report now is giving me the following:

------------------------------------------------

spam Header

This page may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z436358680zd3...9c474aa9960253z

0: Received: from mail.r8ix.com [64.58.169.60] by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.5) for x (single-drop); Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:44:36 -0400 (EDT)

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust anything beyond this header

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

----------------------------------------------------

Any Ideas what might be causing this, and what I can do about it?

Any Ideas what might be causing this, and what I can do about it?

Sounds like you're missing a critical mailhost entry.

In this case, the message came from mail.r8ix.com [64.58.169.60] and Spamcop doesn't know about it.

Click on the Add/edit your mailhost configuration and make sure the mailhosts list includes this host.

Actually, my reading of the error says that it is the localhost server causing the problem:

Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

It looks like you will need to register a mailhost message that travels through the fetchmail process. It may require a waiver or you might need to have fetchmail provide a fqdn in the headers soit can add that to your mailhost configuration.

Actually, my reading of the error says that it is the localhost server causing the problem:

Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

It looks like you will need to register a mailhost message that travels through the fetchmail process. It may require a waiver or you might need to have fetchmail provide a fqdn in the headers soit can add that to your mailhost configuration.

It worked fine until two days ago, then suddenly stopped. I've tried resubmitting mailhosts, but it didn't help.

I'd like to get this working again, but at this point, I may need some help...

This is such an "open" statement .... as if you're expecting a bunch of details to show up on screen in this Topic/Thread. My reference link was pointed to to the directions that Ellen needs to see your data directly in such a non-generic scenario as you seem to have walked into.

Umm.... I did include the tracking URL...

At this then, "we" are to now "assume" that you did read the link, you sent your stuff to Deputies, and you're now waiting for their analysis of your issues? That's what this quote suggests, vice the first quote which left everyone hanging as to what you were expecting to happen next ...

This is such an "open" statement .... as if you're expecting a bunch of details to show up on screen in this Topic/Thread. My reference link was pointed to to the directions that Ellen needs to see your data directly in such a non-generic scenario as you seem to have walked into.

Umm.... I did include the tracking URL...

At this then, "we" are to now "assume" that you did read the link, you sent your stuff to Deputies, and you're now waiting for their analysis of your issues? That's what this quote suggests, vice the first quote which left everyone hanging as to what you were expecting to happen next ...

Well, excuse me for asking a question. I thought people here were supposed to be helpful, not argumentative...

Well, excuse me for asking a question. I thought people here were supposed to be helpful, not argumentative...

Looking through your Topic, I see attempts to answer the two questions you've actually asked. I can't see any signs of an argument. That I don't have a magic decoder ring that would translate "guess I need some help" into "I have sent Ellen/Deputies all the information they need to see and explain how to resolve my problem" when reading your remarks must be a failure on my part. Apologies to you.

Archived