"No such user here"!!!!!?

I was unable to log into webmail this morning - also tried to log in to the Renew Your Account page just in case I'd missed some renewal notice. Said my password was invalid, so thinking I may have been compromised, I sent email to support from my gmail account. I forward all mail I receive at gmail to my spamcop account. So, the reply from support was forwarded to spamcop, and I received the below (which I sent on to support). Apparently my account no longer exists.

Has this happened to anyone else?

[userids removed as a precaution. Support knows who I am]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon[at]googlemail.com

6:42 AM (2 minutes ago)

to me

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

x[at]spamcop.net

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 sorry, no such user here (#5.7.1) (state 13).

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.216.119.6 with SMTP id m6mr7527099weh.215.1347284533321;

Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

X-Forwarded-To: x[at]spamcop.net

X-Forwarded-For: x[at]gmail.com x[at]spamcop.net

Delivered-To: x[at]gmail.com

Received: by 10.194.93.129 with SMTP id cu1csp57230wjb;

Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.52.68.226 with SMTP id z2mr1339898vdt.76.1347284532471;

Return-Path: <support-cases[at]spamcop.net>

Received: from mxny1.fogcreek.com (mxp11.fogcreek.com. [64.34.80.172])

by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a2si3705071vdw.56.2012.09.10.06.42.12;

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 64.34.80.172 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of support-cases[at]spamcop.net) client-ip=64.34.80.172;

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 64.34.80.172 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of support-cases[at]spamcop.net) smtp.mail=support-cases[at]spamcop.net

Received: from hbny4 (hbny4.fogcreek.local [10.2.0.48])

by mxny1.fogcreek.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id E581E959A6

for <x[at]gmail.com>; Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:42:11 -0400

To: "x[at]gmail.com" <x[at]gmail.com>

Subject: Re: (Case 48641) Has my account been compromised - webmail password not working

Priority: normal

X-Sender: "SpamCop Support" <support-cases[at]spamcop.net>

precedence: junk

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Receiver: "x[at]gmail.com" <x[at]gmail.com>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=Windows-1252

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Message-Id: <20120910134211.E581E959A6[at]mxny1.fogcreek.com>

Thank you for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please reply to this message if there's anything else we can do for you. Please make sure you leave the case number in the subject every time you email us.

--

SpamCop Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long does it usually take to get a response from someone at spamcop? I opened my case 5 hours ago.....

That's pretty variable, but "email support" was active here this morning, shortly after you posted your message, so hopefully they'll either respond to your email to support or see this topic.

DT

Thanks, sent that person a private message also.

Have been in touch with that person, wrong side of the "house'. Does support for spam-reporting accounts, not cesmail email accounts. Sent another email to support[at]spamcop.net, hopefully will get to right person.

FWIW, I'm paid up, as of 2/27/2012.

Have been in touch with that person, wrong side of the "house'. Does support for spam-reporting accounts, not cesmail email accounts.
...Ah, you probably sent your message to SpamCop Support (Forum user name = "SpamCopAdmin") instead of SpamCop e-mail support (Forum user name = "email_support"), to whom DT apparently intended to refer you.
Sent another email to support[at]spamcop.net, hopefully will get to right person.

<snip>

...Yep, that should work!

...Ah, you probably sent your message to SpamCop Support (Forum user name = "SpamCopAdmin") instead of SpamCop e-mail support (Forum user name = "email_support"), to whom DT apparently intended to refer you....Yep, that should work!

Heard from the correct folks in response to my case. Something happened and apparently my account was marked as payment due last month, even though I renew in February (I had received no notices that anything was due or that my account was about to be disabled.) Luckily, I had the renewal notification email from this last Feb on my computer, so sent that plus the Paypal record of my payment, and my account was re-enabled quickly, and my account "expiration" date corrected.

Still waiting to hear if they can restore my lost address book and personal white and blacklists.

Archived