Held email won't Forward from Spamcop.net

This is a new problem within the past three weeks:

At spamcop.net => Held Mail => Forward (do not whitelist sender) => Release / Delete selected messages, and

the correct behavior was to Forward the selected messages to be POPed by my email client.

What happens now is that all Forwarded messages end up in a Held folder at webmail.spamcop.net. If I Release these messages from webmail they do get forwarded.

So what happened here? Why can I no longer Forward messages directly from spamcop.net without having to go through webmail? As I said, it didn't used to work this way.

Thanks for any assistance.

>- At spamcop.net => Held Mail => Forward (do not whitelist sender)

That works for me. I just tested it.

Although... I work my Held Mail folder from the Webmail interface. It is just as easy.

I have it set to open with the Held Mail folder displayed so I can go right to work.

- Don -

It used to work for me and doesn't now, that's why I'm reporting it.

I'm a 10+ year user of SC, and I know this is new behavior.

If you look in my webmail Held Folder, you can see 3 messages that were Forwarded from spamcop.net but did not get released to POP.

Thanks.

Hi, djporter,

...Despite the user ID, Don ("SpamCopAdmin") is not a SpamCop e-mail admin and doesn't have any special privileges, such as the ability to look into your webmail folders. Enigmatically, SpamCop does not provide the SpamCop e-mail service!

...What I would suggest is that you try the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) item labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems" to report the problem.

...Good luck!

...What I would suggest is that you try the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) item labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems" to report the problem.

I think that's the same report made from the webmail "Problem" icon. I did make a report there before trying the forum but no response so far.

• 2 weeks later...

...Thanks, petzl, but the OP has been there, done that: see 83791[/snapback].

I am having much the same problem, I use Thunderbird and IMAP.

When I select (in the reporting web interface) Release and Whitelist sender the email remains in Held Mail but now gains a yellow star. This started two or three days ago, before that it worked perfectly. Oh, and the sender doesn't get whitelisted either.

I am having much the same problem, I use Thunderbird and IMAP.

Sounds like the same problem I'm experiencing, except I'm just Releasing a message, and the message ends up in Held Mail and marked in pink as "Important".

I have reported this problem but apparently only Jeff can work on it, and Jeff reported that he couldn't duplicate it. So I took screen shots when the problem occurs and sent those to spamcop support 3 days ago, no reply yet.

The Held messages are automatically deleted after 7 days and it takes SC support that long to look at anything. So what I did was blacklist a dummy email address, and send email to myself from that address. Those messages end up being Held so the problem can be easily demonstrated.

What I would suggest is that you make a problem report referencing "(Case 49920)" in the subject so that our problems are kept together and SC support doesn't start anew on your issue.

• 2 months later...

Looks like this problem might be fixed. I just tried "Forward (do not whitelist sender)" and the three messages forwarded correctly without ending up in the Held folder. I have not yet tried "Forward (and whitelist sender) but it may also be working again.

The sad part is I've already migrated to another email system due to lack of tech support for this very problem.

Looks like this problem might be fixed. I just tried "Forward (do not whitelist sender)" and the three messages forwarded correctly without ending up in the Held folder. I have not yet tried "Forward (and whitelist sender) but it may also be working again.

The sad part is I've already migrated to another email system due to lack of tech support for this very problem.

I've had no problems using VER to "forward email" but many have seems buggy to me

Best to do this from Webmail and select "Folders" to Inbox (you should have your email client set to "Leave on Server")

Archived