How to Get a Refund for Paid Email?

After two months of trying to get any technical support for my SC paid email account, I'm giving up on SC for email and moving to a hosting company that actually has support via email and phone.

Anyone know how to get a refund from SpamCop? Terms of service say: "Refunds are cheerfully given upon request if you find that you can't use the system for some reason."

That's a nice sentiment, but they don't respond to emails to service[at]cesmail.net and support-cases[at]spamcop.net.

service[at]cesmail.net and support-cases[at]spamcop.net

Those are both valid addresses that are answered in a timely manner by a good support team.

Same for support[at]spamcop.net

Make sure you're writing from an address that will accept their email.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

service[at]cesmail.net and support-cases[at]spamcop.net

Those are both valid addresses that are answered in a timely manner by a good support team.

Really? Two months is "a timely manner"?

All I can get is automated responses "Thank you for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as soon as possible.", and responses saying "I've sent it to Jeff to take a look at."

After 10+ years with SC I am not looking for a reason to leave, and I am doing so reluctantly, but there has to be some reasonable level of support for a paid account.

After 10+ years with SC I am not looking for a reason to leave, and I am doing so reluctantly, but there has to be some reasonable level of support for a paid account.

A bit over nine years with Spamcop/Cesmail for me and I agree. I wasn't looking for a reason to ditch Spamcop but I expect at least a non-canned "we are looking into that issue" or queries for clarification in response. I haven't asked for a refund, though I can see why one might. I decided to let my paid subscription run out, which also gives me a few months to catch some email address changes I missed.

Some could argue about the specific timeframe (I only gave them two weeks of non-response before I gave up and found a new email provider) but I also took some additional steps to make a future transition easier when/if service deteriorates on the new provider.

A bit over nine years with Spamcop/Cesmail for me and I agree. I wasn't looking for a reason to ditch Spamcop but I expect at least a non-canned "we are looking into that issue" or queries for clarification in response. I haven't asked for a refund, though I can see why one might. I decided to let my paid subscription run out, which also gives me a few months to catch some email address changes I missed.

Yes, it's been disappointing, as I had planned to stay with Cesmail forever.

The lack of technical support is simply unacceptable. And it didn't use to be that way; in years past the support staff were very responsive.

My main reason for requesting a refund was the hope of finally getting someone to respond and offer tech support. That didn't happen, and, no surprise, spamcop is ignoring my request for a refund.

<snip>

spamcop is ignoring my request for a refund.

...Not really. You may know this but others might not: ironically, SpamCop e-mail is not a SpamCop (Cisco) product, it is a product of CES (Corporate Email Systems), an entirely separate company.

...One can only hope that CES is in some type of (dismayingly long) transition that is hampering its formerly excellent level of customer service and will be resolved some time in the not-too-distant future.

Archived