reporting spam

commentator

Hi,

i'm using fetchmail to get my mail from my provider

i have a adres with *[at]mydomain.isp.country

so *can be anything

on info[at].. which I'm not using comes only spam

so I thougt lets filter it on my exim server and forward it directly to my submit address here

so I made in my alias file:

info[at]mydomain.isp.country:myspamcopreportacount

this is working

but then I get this from spamcop:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:
Message forwarded in html wrapper.

When forwarding spam, use a MIME attachment or text-type message with
the spam enclosed.  Do not send spam in HTML format.  Sometimes this
error is caused by using a "resend" feature to forward spam.

HTML spam should be sent in text (source code) format.

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:
 Received: from vmx1.spamcop.net (sc-smtp1.verio.ironport.com [192.168.12.81])
	by sc-app1.verio.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 19D28A674A9
	for <submit.xxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:32:30 -0700

How to fix this?

It's getting to the point that it looks like a new Forum for Fetchmail needs to be created. But, as I read your query, you're asking someone here to tell you how to not send your stuff via Fetchmail in an HTML fashion ... why haven't you gone through the documentation on Fetchmail to see how to do that? Doesn't Fetchmail have a support site?

That sounds like a "redirect" forward and not a "forward as attachment" forward.

On email submission, I believe the headers to direct the message to the spamcopreportaddress are stripped before submitting to the parser. The body of that message should be the headers of the message as received at your account, a blank line, and the body of the spam as received at your account.

commentator,

You seem to have posted your secret submit address to a public forum. You might want to edit that out of your posting and ask Spamcop to get you a new one.

With that address in the public, people can submit false spams in your name...

commentator,

You seem to have posted your secret submit address to a public forum.  You might want to edit that out of your posting and ask Spamcop to get you a new one.

With that address in the public, people can submit false spams in your name...

well, if it is not possible to use it with fetchmail then I can't use it anymore.

I'm not going to report it by copy pasting it every time

well, if it is not possible to use it with fetchmail then I can't use it anymore.

I'm not going to report it by copy pasting it every time

I can't say that your thoughts and the possibility are valid or not ... I was just reflecting that there seem to be a heck of a lot of posts lately by folks trying to use fetchmail and running into issues. As suggested a number of times, it may be a simple line of code to change the "method and content" of an e-mail to be sent out to the SpamCop tool, but I don't use it, so I don't have any specific answers. And it's the nature of the beast that if/when someone solves their own problem, they never think to post back and explain what they did to solve the problem.

Archived