Do I Have To Have All Mailhosts Configured?

It's such a chore to try to get Mailhosts configured for those of us who are email header ignorant.

I just forwarded my iOS me.com and icloud.com email to SC Mail servers for filtering and it dawned on me that I am supposed to add all new Mailhosts, is that correct?

>- Do I Have To Have All Mailhosts Configured?

You should register all of the services that supply you with an email address.

It shouldn't be a lot of trouble. Returning the configuration test emails uses the same procedure that you use to report spam.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

I never report spam that way so am severely out of practice and I just had to scrap the idea anyway as I forgot, my ISP now blocks all mail from addresses that aren't configured on its servers, so I can't forward it as an attachment from the icloud.com address and don't ask me to do it on my iPad as I don't think opening headers or forwarding as an attachment are even possible on that or even online over at icloud.com.

I think I'll just leave those mail accounts dormant and unused, thanks.

Not all email clients allow you to open headers and respond and at the same time including them or to forward emails as attachments. I would have thought an easier method could have been devised by now.

• 1 month later...

I never report spam that way so am severely out of practice and I just had to scrap the idea anyway as I forgot, my ISP now blocks all mail from addresses that aren't configured on its servers, so I can't forward it as an attachment from the icloud.com address and don't ask me to do it on my iPad as I don't think opening headers or forwarding as an attachment are even possible on that or even online over at icloud.com.

I think I'll just leave those mail accounts dormant and unused, thanks.

Not all email clients allow you to open headers and respond and at the same time including them or to forward emails as attachments. I would have thought an easier method could have been devised by now.

If you select a message and then press CTRL+U it should show the entire message source.

Reading mail popped from my ISP webmail in Vista Windows Mail or Incredimail XE Pro for instance. Ctrl-U does nothing.

My only beef is that Spamcop makes the Mailhost setup procedures such a fuss and palaver. Surely there has to be an easier way? Goodness knows the system has been around long enough for improvements to be made in that regard?

...Is the discussion at SpamCop Forum topic full livemail header? of any help to you?

Not really but thanks for the thought. I'm just going to leave it at that. I have my main emails already listed, there were a couple of others I was going to add but I really don't have to do that.

Archived