Routing problems being fixed???

mrmaxx

I know Don told us awhile back to keep posting corrections/updates for sites that SpamCop can't find or is otherwise incorrect. However, I haven't seen any notations from any SpamCop staff in awhile that any of this is being updated. Just wondering if anyone is updating routing on any of these where we have an update???

...Sorry, no one here would be able to tell us but SpamCop staff and Don seems to be the only one of them who ever posts here. You could try asking Don via the e-mail address he includes in all his posts or his colleague SpamCop Deputies at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

I guess there are all sorts of factors we don't know which might dictate whether or not the report routing is amended and with what sort of priority. The volume of reporter spam submissions and/or spamtrap hits against IP addresses and address blocs would have to be (just) one of those factors. Whatever we see and know individually, Don and the deputies see the whole collation and much more, if you see what I'm saying.

No doubt it is worth checking with Don from time to time to be sure there is still value in it, relative to the effort some are putting into advising the routing details they unearth - I'm sure he would understand it is hard to "maintain the faith" without some occasional reassurance or evidence of reaction. Parser comments such as "No reporting address found" and dispositions to "nomaster" have never been completely, literally accurate in all the cases that the parser presents them (though there might be other reasons for not sending reports) and that only compounds the doubts that might creep in when contrary evidence is found and advised but not apparently picked up.

Ah, we're just a lot wooses aren't we? But people put much effort into it and like to share the benefit of that effort ...

Archived