Unable to register - Invalid CAPTCHA

Have there been any issues with the CAPTCHA on the Spamcop registration? I've tried to register a few times and each time it tells me the CAPTCHA I entered is incorrect even though I enter the correct CAPTCHA. Makes me wonder if there's a bug in the CAPTCHA verification system.

• 2 weeks later...

If you notice in the top right corner of this page the "Reporting Server Status" indicates that there has been a problem for the last 5 or so hours as of this post.

Your problem could be related. Although I still see a CAPTCHA on the create an account page, you may have better luck when things settle down and the server status again shows some activity. Just a thought.

>- http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=ispsignupform

I'm aware of the missing Captcha on that page. A bug fix has been filed.

>- the "Reporting Server Status" indicates that there has been a problem for the last 5 or so hours

That's an email problem. Nothing wrong with SpamCop. Except for a very few manual user reports, all of our spam comes in by email via the email service, which is down right now.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brand new reporting login procedure, I guess, but I am not able to obtain a password. Message is

Failed Captcha authorization

Don't know if it's a problem on the SpamCop side or my side. I'm using FF30.0 with NoScript, but I don't see any scripts blocked.

I'm also confused because I didn't see an earlier announcement of this change, which I think should have been phased in rather than imposed all at once. On the other hand, maybe I missed something because unless it was in red, I probably didn't read it.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, gnarlymarley said:

Seems to work for me.  Ostap, are you getting a spinning circle to the left of the blue "try another captcha" button?

blob.png.1ca62451ebb0b7fe19bdc5a276579b2b.png

Though gnarlymarley's question was obviously not for me, I have the exact same problem: spinning circle to the left of the blue refresh button. I disabled Ublock Origin, tried it with Chrome, Firefox, tried it from Incognito mode, tried it from my work PC (different ISP). Fails the same way.

42 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Though gnarlymarley's question was obviously not for me, I have the exact same problem: spinning circle to the left of the blue refresh button. I disabled Ublock Origin, tried it with Chrome, Firefox, tried it from Incognito mode, tried it from my work PC (different ISP). Fails the same way.

This is from a Apple/Mac?
If so try safe mode, usually the Virus scanner stopping Captcha?

37 minutes ago, petzl said:

This is from a Apple/Mac?
If so try safe mode, usually the Virus scanner stopping Captcha?

Nope, it's a Win10. Turned off my antivirus, same thing. I even tried in a virtualbox Win10 with a completely fresh install/Chrome - same thing.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:50 PM, Baloo said:

Though gnarlymarley's question was obviously not for me, I have the exact same problem: spinning circle to the left of the blue refresh button.

I am not sure what I was thinking either.  I went back to look at Ostap's post and he has the image with the spinning wheel.  I think I was just asking for confirmation.

On 3/30/2020 at 12:37 AM, Baloo said:

Nope, it's a Win10. Turned off my antivirus, same thing. I even tried in a virtualbox Win10 with a completely fresh install/Chrome - same thing.

Interesting.  I have tried this with this on edge, internet explorer, chrome, and firefox on win10, win vista, and win 7 and it seems to work for me.  I also tried it with chrome on android and works.  I have both AVG and avast, but web http filter is turned off for me.  (My win10 is a work computer and uses the work's proxy filter, so I might not be able to duplicate the issue on my win10.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...