spam forwarded to Quick Submission address vanishes

bearhair

Until the death of SpamCop email, I had successfully used my Quick Submission address to report any spam that got through.

Since its demise, though, less than 10% of what I forward is making it through to allow me to process & report it.

I've never received a bounce, and I've copied & pasted the address from my reporting page several times to ensure I'm using the right one!

I send my email through Comcast.net servers but under the alias of my SpamCop email account (which has never been a problem for Comcast).

Do you have any ideas on how I might fix this issue?

Are you actually using the quick submission address bairhair, like quick.somecode[at]spam.spamcop.net, or the "ordinary" submission address, like submit.some code[at]spam.spamcop.net? IIUC you can't use both (or at least you can't use quick reporting without it being enabled). Unless something has recently changed at Comcast, you may need to enlist the help of SC admin or deputies to look at it for you (deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net). They would need your reporting account name (don't post it here), and probably your submission address (ditto, don't post it here).

The "... less than 10% of what I forward is making it through ..." is a bit weird - would expect all or nothing if there has been no change in the transmission. Probably best if you read through Wazoo's diagnostic first which I will link as soon as I find it. Ah yes:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/topic/1848-emailed-spam-submissions-disappearing/

In the passed I have had similar sometimes yes, sometimes no reporting. In my case it turned out that my ISP was "fighting spam" by reading parts of my emails looking for key words. At the time they were using a dynamic word list, so some times 'start ban' or 'ED' would be on the list, some times not.

Just a thought.

Hi, k5oun,
&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Sorry to hear of your problem. I would refer you to the earlier post by Steve S (Farelf): 91192[/snapback]. If all else fails, I'd further recommend that you contact the SpamCop deputies at e-mail address deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Good luck!

Archived