Thank you Elves and Gnomes

michaelanglo

Haven't changed browsers/browser settings/cookie management have you? Can't actually "see" the kind of changes that might change the board behaviour (no permissions at all in those areas) but I would anyway have to depreciate board change as a likely cause (and, like, good luck with Chrome, come what may). But of course possible. And your generous spirit is much appreciated :D

The old Forum (before 30th September) used to remember me so I had to log in maybe once a year plus when they reset everything.

The new reinstalled forum didn't do this until about a day before my post.

I haven't changed anything.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp My experience has been pretty much the same as michaelanglo's, except that there were times before yesterday when I would have to log in just an hour (maybe two or three?) since my last access and sometimes I would be able to use the Forum on and off all day without having to log back in.

We seem to use the board differently. As a personal preference I explicitly log out each time I leave the board. Each time I return I am automatically logged back in. (Don't know why, I did not set that option.) The first week or so of the new board, the auto-login did not always work. I assumed the installation was being tweaked.

I use the board in this manner for two reasons:
1. Being old school and a bit of a security nerd I don't like leaving open log-in links laying around.

2. I make use of the "new" post/members options when I return to the board to check all new activity.

<snip>

2. I make use of the "new" post/members options when I return to the board to check all new activity.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I, too, make use of the new posts option with "New Content" feature with options "By content type" = Forums" and "By time period" = "Content I have not read" and that combination seems unaffected by whether I get logged out or not,

I would guess the "Content I have not read" would do it. Depending on the member, I do not bother to read some of the abuse db corrections posted. Although it is useful info provided by other members, it is not something I use.

Oh well, there are several ways a cat can loose its skin.

Archived