moving held mail to trash

Question (1) Will e-mail remain in my "Held" folder until I delete it or will the system automatically delete it after some period of time?

Question (2) How can I create a scri_pt to move mail from the "Held" folder to the "Trash" folder automatically? Can I elimated the "Held" folder and have mail identified as spam go straight to the "Trash" folder? I've been a spamcop user for many years and I feel comfortable with this sort of solution.

Thanks,

Scott

Off the top of my head, I think the default for Held folder content deletion was something like 45 days. I also believe this is a modifiable setting via preferences.

I also seem to recall that someone did in fact manage to delete their Held Mail Folder and screwed everything up. You are attempting to bypass the general scenario that SpamCop E-Mail doesn't delte e-mail ....

From so many other conversations both here and in the newsgroups, have you attempted setting up an IMAP account? This should allow you to drag and drop a collection of e-mails from one Folder to another is relatively short time.

Off the top of my head, I think the default for Held folder content deletion was something like 45 days. I also believe this is a modifiable setting via preferences.

I don't know the actual length of time a message stays in Held Mail (mine is there less than 8 hours and usually less than 1 hour) but have heard there is an automatic cleanup.

The setting for the Trash folder is modifiable but I have never found a setting for Held mail settings.

<< Off the top of my head, I think the default for Held folder content deletion was something like 45 days. I also believe this is a modifiable setting via preferences.>>

In 45 days I'd have about 2000 messages in my Held folder. I don't mind leaving them there if they clean themselves up! I've never had the will power to leave so many messages without deleting them. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

<< From so many other conversations both here and in the newsgroups, have you attempted setting up an IMAP account? This should allow you to drag and drop a collection of e-mails from one Folder to another is relatively short time. >>

No, I haven't tried setting up an IMAP account. I'll take a look at that as well.

The ideal situation would be to have a user settable time limit on Held mail. I would set mine to three days before it was sent to Trash.

Archived