"We're the biggest spammer on the internet..."

Comcast has now confirmed what we have known for a very long time. Zombified cable users on their network are the source of millions and millions of spam emails every day, but until now they've been unable or unwilling to do anything about it...

...but not any more.

Kinda makes me feel like the hundreds of mails I've sent to abuse[at]comcast.net have finally paid off.

Score one more for the good guys!

Slashdot has discussion and ranting about the story as well.

Comcast has now confirmed what we have known for a very long time. Zombified cable users on their network are the source of millions and millions of spam emails every day, but until now they've been unable or unwilling to do anything about it...

...but not any more.

Kinda makes me feel like the hundreds of mails I've sent to abuse[at]comcast.net have finally paid off.

Score one more for the good guys!

Slashdot has discussion and ranting about the story as well.

...Man, what am I going to do with all the time I'll save by not having spam from ComCast zombies to report ?!??!?!??! :D:D <big g>

Comcast finally deciding to clean up its act, along with Richter getting booted off Optigate seems to have dropped the spam delivery rate by quite a great amount.

Look at the SpamCop spam reporting statistics... it's less than half what it was before.

I haven't gotten any spam in the last week, so I can't gauge whether the amount of spam being sent is falling or not... is anyone seeing less spam being delivered to their accounts?

I still get 100-200/day. But I have several accounts. On top of it, when I was running and antispyware software and a hacker repeatedly attempted to infect me with viruses. Luckily Norton reacted immediately and I was here to delete the files.

...Seems like I've been getting more spam than before, although less from Comcast.  Optigate doesn't seem to have ever been much of a spam source for me.

My numbers have been about the same for SpamCast. I've been blocking between 250-400 per day via SCBL and it has not gone up or down much, except to track with the normal weekend load. Not seeing any major increases or decreases that would indicate a trend.

...Ken

It's hard for me to gauge the amount of spam that others see, as I haven't gotten any in the last 9 days and counting.

All I have to go on is the statistics that spamcop shows me. It looks like it's quite a bit lower, and it's been that way for a while now.

If it is because of the SpamCop servers being slow, they've been slow for a few days now... I wonder if they're having problems?

Archived