No Spamcop for Classmates ?

Howdy folks!

Interesting email I recieved from classmates.com today. This was in response to a query I sent as to why I couldn't change my email address on their site to my spamcop address. Just thought I would share:

Thank you for writing back to Classmates.

I have asked our technical staff to look into this issue and they have found that the ISP Spamcop.com will not accept any email from Classmates.com.

Using this ISP a member would never know if another member sent them Classmates email, nor would they receive any of the Classmates optional subscriptions they might choose to sign up for. Therefore we do not allow our member's to use an email address to log onto classmates with this ISP.

If you wish to maintain your Classmates membership, and do not wish to change your ISP, you can use a free email service such as Yahoo or Hotmail as your classmates email address. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Member Care Team

Classmates Online

Howdy folks!

Interesting email I recieved from classmates.com today. This was in response to a query I sent as to why I couldn't change my email address on their site to my spamcop address.  Just thought I would share:

I have asked our technical staff to look into this issue and they have found that the ISP Spamcop.com will not accept any email from Classmates.com. 

<snip>

...Do you think they're confused or that their "Spamcop.com" a typo?

Based on the remarks, if not a typo, it's very possible. On the other hand, there is a history betwen classmates.com and spamcop reporters <g> ... classmates was free and willing with their member list and their "affiliates" .. thus a lot of seen-to-be-spew from affiliates that of course carried the classmates banners ... and vice-versa. A number of those and classmates.com e-mail was being bounced from all over, to include spamcop member with spamcop e-mail accounts. Ancient history, but the classmates.com staff still haven't a clue .. and now there's all these "marraiges" ... classmates, reunion, highschoolalumni, and I believe a couple of others have, if not merged, they've shared their mailing lists .. something also not agreed to in the early days of the classmates.com TOS agreement.

Howdy folks!

Interesting email I recieved from classmates.com today. This was in response to a query I sent as to why I couldn't change my email address on their site to my spamcop address.  Just thought I would share:

Using this ISP a member would never know if another member sent them Classmates email, nor would they receive any of the Classmates optional subscriptions they might choose to sign up for.  Therefore we do not allow our member's to use an email address to log onto classmates with this ISP. 

If you wish to maintain your Classmates membership, and do not wish to change your  ISP, you can use a free email service such as Yahoo or Hotmail as your classmates email address.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.    Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Member Care Team

Classmates Online

Evidently there is much messed up here because this is Spamcop.net (not Spamcop.Com) and Spamcop does not block email.

In a round about way they might be right to a point about being blocked because classmates.com unless they have changed are a very spam oriented operation.

Blocked by many, accepted by few, for good reason.

Archived