Removal

BSP

217.157.222.26 was listed more than 2 days ago.

217.157.222.26 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

Listing History

It has been listed for 2.1 days.

Our mail server did relay but where fixed. How come the IP haven't been removed yet.?

The 48 hrs begins AFTER the last spam report. It is possible to be listed for days, weeks, months even if the spam keeps coming! You say that you have fixed your problems so it shouldn't be long now. Only the deputies can tell you when you ae scheduled to de-list. email them at deputies <at> spamcop <dot> net.

Our mail server did relay but where fixed

spamcop does not list just because you had an open relay. If mail has been sent to spam traps, that may indicate another problem.

Please email the deputies <at> spamcop.net. They are the only ones who can see what the spamtraps have received so only they can help you.

Miss Betsy

217.157.222.26  was listed more than 2 days ago.

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Listing History

Our mail server did relay but where fixed. How come the IP haven't been removed yet.?

Your right, your server was an open relay and is still listed ORDB http://ordb.org/lookup/?host=217.157.222.26 it was last checked on 2004-05-27 15:38 GMT so evidently it is not fixed yet.

You will automatically be delisted 48 hours after the last spam report.

Thanks for the replies. The IP is now deleted from spamcop.

Miss Betsy You are probably right.. It seems to be a hack, not Relaying.!!

Whenever I use the IP with domain/subdomain there is a mailflood and spamming starts again. Have to change passwords for all accounts..

Merlyn.. What You are referring to are ORDB not Spamcop. Dont know if Spamcop

just uses thirdparty testing for leaks.. I don't think so..! Anyway the listing at ORDB

where because I was testing some settings.

Any know issues with Exchange 2003 Web access.??

BSP

I am not technically fluent, but Exchange 2003 seems to have /lots/ of issues. I believe that one techie said that the only way to run it was 'behind a Linux box' (do I have the terminology correct?)

The exploit that you are seeing is called the SMTP/Auth, I think. It has to do with the default setting that sets up a guest account and I think that is what you have to do to keep the spammers out (shut that account down). Somehow they get in there and then set their own password. I think, also that passwords should be as non-dictionary guessable as possible.

HTH,

Miss Betsy

217.157.222.26  was listed more than 2 days ago.

Causes of listing

Listing History

The IP has delisted.

Archived