How do I obtain the coded email to report via spamassassin

ShanghaiTimes

I have Postfix/Spamassassin set cup here, and can enable direct reporting to SPamCop via a plugin, but for the life of me can not discover how I obtain that coded email mentioned.

If this is it ..

Once you have confirmed your registration, log into SpamCop. Right below the "Welcome" message you will notice a coded email address.

I see no Welcome message - I see no coded email address ?

How do I make Spamassassin report spam to SpamCop automatically?

1. Register to SpamCop, entering some e-mail you are planning to use, in this example spam[at]mydomain.com. Upon registration, SpamCop will give you a unique e-mail address you can forward spam to, in form of:

submit.XXXXxxXXXXXxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net.

Since SpamCop is now moved to Spamassassin plugins, enable it in (for version 3.10) in /dir-you-have-installed-sa-to/spamassassin/v310.pre, uncommenting the line:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop

After that, edit the SpamAssassin's local.cf file, adding lines:

# SpamCop Automatic Reporting
spamcop_from_address spam[at]mydomain.com
spamcop_to_address submit.XXXXxxXXXXXxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

Have you gone to https://www.spamcop.net/ and created an account?

When you login to spamcop.net (NOT forum.spamcop.net) at the top of the screen will be:

Welcome, YourName.
Your average reporting time is: 2 hours; Great!
Add fuel to your account
Please help support this service - buy some reporting fuel today. Fuel is used as you report spam to bypass the nag screen.
Forward your spam to: submit.XxxxxxxXXxXxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net or:
Paste entire spam (headers, blank line, body) - or - single address (one line only):

Note the line that starts: "Forward your spam to:" That is the submit email address you are looking for.

You can also get this from the confirmation email once you register.

Forward your spam to:
submit.XXXXxxXXXXXxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

Add this to your address-book.  You may forward spam to this addresses
from any account.

At least this is what i saw from many many years ago, but I believe they still have the opt-in email.

How do I make Spamassassin report spam to SpamCop automatically?

1. Register to SpamCop, entering some e-mail you are planning to use, in this example spam[at]mydomain.com. Upon registration, SpamCop will give you a unique e-mail address you can forward spam to, in form of:

submit.XXXXxxXXXXXxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net.

Since SpamCop is now moved to Spamassassin plugins, enable it in (for version 3.10) in /dir-you-have-installed-sa-to/spamassassin/v310.pre, uncommenting the line:

Are you looking to fully automate, or just the submission? At one time I had automated it, and found that the automation caught a false positive. Anyway, I suggest to avoid full automation, but automation to the submit address is good, so you can check the submissions are okay.

Archived