stop th blacklist

tkamau

can someone at Spamcop kindly remove the IP 207.180.27.14 from the blacklist . In the meantime im troubleshooting why the IP has been listed. Thnx

Corp Sys Admin

Africa Online Holdings

tkamau[at]africaonline.co.ke

You know already the IP is listed because messages were sent to spamtraps? Ref http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...p=207.180.27.14 If you want an early review (the listing expires within 48 hours of the last offending msg being sent), you might email deputies <at> spamcop.net with all your details, that is assurance you have the supposed problem controlled.

I think it would be in the Internets best interest to keep it listed until you actually find the problem.

If it was delisted while you "search" then the internet would be open to more abuse and you would also not have any incentive to find the problem.

You should also look at setting up a proper reverse DNS while you are at it. Most ISP's will not accept mail from this server under it's current setup.

Folks ... i have made reverse DNS entry this should sort my problem. Let me wait for the Spamcop refresh time. Thx all

That is not the problem, just one of them. Now you must find out why you have been sending mail to spamtraps.........

Your machine could be hacked.

can someone at Spamcop kindly remove the IP 207.180.27.14 from the blacklist . In the meantime im troubleshooting why the IP has been listed. Thnx

The listing will be removed no more than 48 hours after the most recent spam was received.

For more details concerning the mail that was sent to the spam traps send an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net

If you are running anti-virus software you'll want to make sure that virus notifications are turned off.

If your mail server is sending non-delivery notifications, you'll want to turn that off as well.

Senderbase indicates something in the order of 300% increase in mail being sent. You'll want to check your logs and make sure that some account is not being used to send spam.

Archived