Spamcop not usefull anymore - automatic blocks?

KNERD

It seems I have a very poplar email address, and I often get emails from people thinking it is someone else, and unconfirmed subscribe requests on a daily basis, and it is getting worse all the time. I report this UCE everyday, but it always goes to devnull, and so few people reporting the spam it does nothing to help the spam problem, thus Spamcop has become utterly useless, and wastes my time in reporting

How about taking this so-called "legitimate" spam more serious, and take more drastic measures such as automatic block on those who refuse munged reports?

I am at the point where I need to just stop reporting any spam to Spamcop all together since it is doing nothing to curb spam, and close down that email account I have had for over 10 years.

I keep reporting to spamcop but have also now started doubling up with abuseipdp.com. I started looking up who owns the entities that show up in the properties portion when I report to spamcop, then in the one field for reporting to spamcop where we can enter one more recipient I add whoever is hosting the site or the abuser.

You have been at this long enough, I assume you understand but just to be sure, the fact that a spam report goes to devnull does not mean that your report does not affect the block list.  If you know who to send the report to, you could add them to the list.

The double-optin/unsubscribe requirement for "good practice" does have a good side and a bad side.  On the good side, a legitimate person does not get their email added to a legitimate email list.  On the bad side, a bot/anyone can try to add a person's email address to a list and uninformed real people can click on bogus unsubscribe link.  Both resulting in internet clutter.

Bulletin boards/newsletters/forums I manage (not this one) receive 7-12 bounces a day from confirmation emails "I" sent to bogus mailboxes.  Who knows how many emails were sent to legitimate email addresses that are considered spam by the recipient.  On the up-side I do not send a newsletter to anyone that has not double-optin. 

Without an example of what you are receiving I don't know which type of emails you are getting.  Are you getting several emails from different people trying to get on or off a bogus mailing list? These people are being victimized too.

The reports mostly going to devull is because originator of the email domain, and the IP number owner  are one in  the same according to ARIN.

I guess stuff from everyone! Wayfare com , Gamestop (someone opened a rewards account with my email address in the store), ESPN, CBS Sports, Reader's Digest (Someone got a sub from them and I get spam from them) , University of Oklahoma (Someone went to school there, now they spam me)...I even get email from state of Ohio concerning application for concealed handgun permit, and nursing licensing.

The reports go to the trash, and the report threshold never activate any block.

Archived