comcast as an isp reporting problems

littlepeaks

I have Comcast as my ISP.  Almost every email I receive shows the originating ISP as Comcast.  This is not correct.  I tried letting Spamcop parse legitimate messages originating from other ISP networks, and it still wants to report them to Comcast as the originator.  I always deselect Comcast in reports.  Any help?

BTW. I use SeaMonkey for email.

Thanks for the info -- I briefly read it, and I'm a little bit confused about multiple accounts.  I recently also acquired another email account hosted by GoDaddy insteaed of Comcast.  I download those messages directly from GoDaddy using Outlook, instead of SeaMonkey.  I have not yet tried reporting spam from the GoDaddy account.  So is this a fly in the ointment?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did the mailhosts setup, as instructed for my Comcast account, and it seems to have worked.  I tried to report a spam before doing it, and it said it was attributable to Comcast.  After I did the mailhosts setup, it reported it to some domain in Denmark.  If I decide to also report for the GoDaddy account, I will add that before I do something I don't want to do.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived