replies not saved in Sent folder

I've thought the sent-mail folder was flaky for quite a while, but I've finally noticed the pattern. When I compose a message it is stored to sent mail, no problem. But when I reply to mail, no copy is saved (not sure whether this is 'often' or 'always')

My settings are probably pretty much all default--is there something I might adjust that would affect this?

I'm thinking it might be some kind of "don't save a copy when sending to a list" feature that is being triggered by reply-to fields on individual mails, or something like that.

ec

One thing to check is that for every profile you have set up (all the different mail addresses that you can set in the From in Webmail), you need to make sure each one is set to save the sent mail in the sent mail folder. I had this issue before, because I thought that it defaulted to yes, or that it templated off the main one, but that's not the case. I went through each profile and made sure they were all set to save a copy, and I haven't had an issue since.

-JEV

Glad I could help. I do agree that it is pretty unintuitive, though. But it's probably a configuration setting fromt eh Webmail UI, and not something that will eb changed anytime soon. (The last time I talked about it and asked if it shoudl be looked at to change it was months ago.)

At least it's working for you now. :)

Archived