Spammers using my email address

driesie

Over the last couple of weeks, I have received loads of bounced emails because a spammer seems to be be using my email address(es) as from and reply-to address.

Is there anything I can do to avoid getting the bounces, or even bounce them back? Apart from bounces, I also receive quite a few angry emails back. :angry:

Thanks,

Dries.

Forging your address is illegal even under the "can spam act" that "regulates" but does not ban spamming as a violation of your rights and provides no means for you to take action against either spam or the forgeries. Call your Congressman and complain that your rights are being persistently trampled and Congress is doing nothing about it. Make it clear that you want your rights to your own privacy and property absolutely protected and that "regulating" spam at the discretion of the government does not do that.

Not to the US Congress from the UK! Are the IP addresses for the spam origination in the US or in the UK? US ISPs, but not individuals, have the right to sue spammers over forgery. Getting them to do it is another matter. The UK has its own laws. But first you need to identify where the spam is coming from (which will be more than one IP address) and, if possible, identify the spammer if you can.

Archived