How to mark forwarding email server as not spam?

I use SC email and the "Report spam" button. My email gets to SC by being forwarded from an account at pair.com. I just received a note from the abuse admin at pair.com telling me that SC had included the pair server in a spam/abuse report, which is obviously not what I want to do. The admin also suggested there is a way for me to tell the SC service about the pair.com servers. Please tell me how -- I can simply add them to my whitelist, is this enough? Or are there other options?

When I used the regular reporting service, it let me check the various destinations where the spam report was going, so the few times when the analysis yielded the pair.com servers, I could simply delete those destinations. But with the one-click reporting, there's no chance to do that.

Thanks in advance.

chris...

If your provider is being found regularly, you should not be reporting automatically. You can still select the messages and hit the Forward button next to Report as spam and sent that to your submit address. That will allow you to confirm al of your reports until the next step is done.

That next step is setting up your mailhosts. The small glitch here is that with the move this weekend, I'm not sure if the mailhost configuration process is working right now. Mailhosts basically tells spamcop what the nornal path to your server looks like so it can ignore those headers. That is probably what the support desk was telling you.

To start the config, go to your reporting page (click Report spam at the top of webmail) and find the link to Mailhosts at the top. Read the entire screen carefully and follow the directions. Good luck. There is a Mailhosts frum here for simple questions and email deputies<at>spamcop.net with any other questions.

I did what you said .. the first round of confirmation mails from the cesmail.net servers were promptly recognized as spam and dumped into my held mail folder! The full header says "Blocked list.dsbl.org" Is that what's supposed to happen?

I did what you said .. the first round of confirmation mails from the cesmail.net servers were promptly recognized as spam and dumped into my held mail folder!  The full header says "Blocked list.dsbl.org"  Is that what's supposed to happen?

If you are using the dsbl.org blacklist as part of your filtering, then yes.

Open and read the message. You will probably need to forward the probe to a specific email address incorporating your reporting code. From webmail, I believe you can select the message from the message list and click the Forward link next to the "Report as spam" link.

After I released the held emails, I opened the message in SC, clicked on Message Source, selected all, and pasted the contents into the form provided at http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn. Got this response:

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Source IP not found.

Your email host does not appear to correctly identify the sending IP of

the email you receive.

The last address identified by your mail host was 64.74.133.244 ().

This does not appear to be a spamcop.net address.

That IP resolves to sc-app3.spamcop.net. I don't know what's going on. Please help.

(Also tried forwarding the mails from SC's webmail. That yielded a different set of errors, can provide if you like.)

chris...

The last address identified by your mail host was 64.74.133.244 ().

This does not appear to be a spamcop.net address.

This is the current problem due to the move. You will need to hold off for a while until the issues are reslved. If you watch the Mailhost forum here, you should see when it is OK to continue.

Archived