session encountered errors

Every time I use Mailwasher/Spamcop I get a drop down "Session encountered errors" which contains...

Account: spam database

Session details: checking mail against spam database

Error: the user name or password for the spam database is incorrect.

I have check and checked and checked ... and the password is NOT incorrect. It is the one I was given. So what's wrong? This is most frustrating.

Tonybee :unsure:

Every time I use Mailwasher/Spamcop I get a drop down "Session encountered errors" which contains...

Account: spam database

Session details: checking mail against spam database

Error: the user name or password for the spam database is incorrect.

I have check and checked and checked ... and the password is NOT incorrect. It is the one I was given. So what's wrong? This is most frustrating.

Tonybee :unsure:

I don't use MW. I have only one question you did not answer directly. You have used that password to log in directly to the spamcop website?

The reason I ask is perhaps there is a problem with your account (reporting suspended for some reason).

I spent way too much time trying to find some hint of a clue on the MailWasher site. I found nothing that seemed to deal with building or securing a database. I can't think of what database that SpamCop maintains that would need a password to access. I can't come up with an answer.

Frustration ... every time I use Mailwasher/Spamcop I get a dropdown "Session encountered errors"

This advises: Account - spam database

Session details - checking mail against spam database

Error - the user name or password for the spam database is incorrect.

But it is NOT incorrect. I have checked and checked and checked and it is the one I was given.

Please, please, please help

tonybee

sorry for doubling up with the same query....a bit of confusion on my part.

I don't log in to the SpamCop website to get this problem. It happens when I use MailWasher when checking for mail, and SpamCop is linked to Mailwasher. :rolleyes:

sorry for doubling up with the same query....a bit of confusion on my part.

I don't log in to the SpamCop website to get this problem. It happens when I use MailWasher when checking for mail, and SpamCop is linked to Mailwasher.  :rolleyes:

Again, you don't indicate whether you can actually log into the spamcop website directly without the use of mailwasher.

If you haven't, you should try to log into the spamcop website to make sure there is no problem with your spamcop account.

If you can log inot the spamcop website, you need to contact the makers of Mailwasher to figure out your problem.

and SpamCop is linked to Mailwasher

No, that's backwards. Per the FAQ at mailwasher;

Which lists are provided and are there more?

ORDB and SpamCop are built in to MailWasher® Pro, but you can add more if you want.

The listed ones in MailWasher® Pro are:

relays.ordb.org

bl.spamcop.net

And again, there is nothing there that requires a password.

Archived