session times out

Many times when I delete a messege in my inbox, or perform another action (such as compose a new message), the session will time out and force me to login again. Does anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it? I have cookies enabled. Also, I do see the cookies listed for SpamCop in my browser preferences.

I am using Internet Explorer 5 with Mac OS 9.

Thanks.

Karl

IIRC, there is a 15 minute timeout on Webmail sessions. When I am online, I have a Webmail browser window open to my Held Mail folder that refreshes every 5 minutes to make it very easy to see and report any Held Mail that shows up, and I use other Webmail browser windows to read, compose, and change my options when necessary. "Shift-Click" or "Right-Click / Open in New Window" does this for me in IE6 on Windows 2000 Pro - I don't know what the corresponding capabilities are in IE5 on Mac OS 9.

IIRC, there is a 15 minute timeout on Webmail sessions.  When I am online, I have a Webmail browser window open to my Held Mail folder that refreshes every 5 minutes to make it very easy to see and report any Held Mail that shows up, and I use other Webmail browser windows to read, compose, and change my options when necessary.  "Shift-Click" or "Right-Click / Open in New Window" does this for me in IE6 on Windows 2000 Pro - I don't know what the corresponding capabilities are in IE5 on Mac OS 9.

The timeout is actually much longer, like a couple of hours. There's no reason that it should ever time out when you're just using the system. This sounds like a cookie problem on your end. The fact that you're able to use it at least some is consistent with the cookies you have. However, if the cookies get blocked or messed with occasionally by some piece of software, this is exactly what you'll see.

JT

Archived