No spam is getting reported.

I've submitted like 100 spam e-mails so far and each one that I try to finish the report gets the same error.. Here's the error.

Parsing header:

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No tracking information found in header:

spam message stuff appears here

Probably not full headers - see FAQ:

Email software FAQ

no header

Why can't I finishing reporting any spam?

How are you submitting? What software is in use? Do you have a Tracking URL to provide so "we" can look at your submittal? Have you done any research at all on how to submit, what to submit, etc.?? Have you ever had a successful submittal?

I found my problem I think. I am using Outlook. I downloaded that SpamSource program now and I'm sending spam reports that way. So far I've been able to report about 60 messages! But still the majority have errors. I'll give you a link to an errored one.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z534956522z03...3023f1e13eb51az

Also, how long does it take for the admins to stop the spam on average usually? I'm getting about 100+ spam messages a day and I hate it.

Also, how long does it take for the admins to stop the spam on average usually? I'm getting about 100+ spam messages a day and I hate it.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

If you think that by reporting all the spam you receive the result will be that you will no longer be receiving any spam, you are out in left field.

It would be wonderful if it worked that way, it doesn't.

It is an ongoing war to reduce the flow.

Filtering will help keep it out of your inbox.

Reporting will help blacklist offenders.

But rest assured, it will keep comming.

But still the majority have errors

The sample you provided basically sucks, as far as the headers go. Maybe you can offer up some kind of explanation, like who your ISP is, how you 'collect' your e-mail, etc .. or possibly you'll state that you edited the heck out of those headers for some reason ...???? My first thought is simply that they are woefully incomplete, for example, there isn't a single IP showing the path this e-mail took on it's way to you .... thne one could go into what impact the alleged "spam detection software running on system ..." actually had on this e-mail. No, there is no way that the SpamCop parser will ever be able to handle something that looks as bad as this, so the question is ...what went wrong and where?

If you want help reporting, please help with trying to sort out what's gone wrong with your e-mail / submittals. If you want to move into philosophical discussions, there are several Topics of this sort and subject already existing in the Lounge area.

So basically this service is useless, since it doesn't make spammers go away?
If you want help reporting, please help with trying to sort out what's gone wrong with your e-mail / submittals.  If you want to move into philosophical discussions, there are several Topics of this sort and subject already existing in the Lounge area.

...Where you're welcome to join us! For example:

So basically this service is useless, since it doesn't make spammers go away?

Au contraire - I have been using this service for less than 24

hours and the results have been extraordinary. I am a sysadmin

for a medium sized site who has tried several approaches.

I am currently using a combination of SpamCop and SpanHaus

and we are blocking about 1 spam message per minute.

If you want spammers to go away, perhaps we should also

hope that all bad people on earth go away, while we are at it.

-Ramon

How are you submitting?  What software is in use?  Do you have a Tracking URL to provide so "we" can look at your submittal?  Have you done any research at all on how to submit, what to submit, etc.??  Have you ever had a successful submittal?

I am using Linux mutt to forward (not bounce) the spam

messages. I haven't had a single sucessful submittal.

I will post here the tracking URL next time I get a spam,

but I tell ya' they are becoming so rare, almost extinct.

Good job, folks!!

-Ramon

Archived