never get report back

zocker

hi, all

should i get a report back if i send the report via the web link?

when processing the spam my login name is in right corner, once its processed my name is no were to be found. the button works and report seems to be sent. my inbox is not full, no bounces. i am sure.

As there are ton loads of "web links" associated with the SpamCop system, I'll ask you to try to specify what link you're talking about. You mention that your "InBox is not full" .. so should this be moved to the E-Mail Forum? Other folks answering questions, working on FAQs, seem to talk about buttons and pull down menus, which would normally be seen as something a bit different that "web links" ...???

If you are reporting by clicking "Unreported spam, Report Now" button or by cutting and pasting on the webpage, then if you have 'show technical details' button pushed, you will see the report on the screen. All that which is above the buttons for "Send" or "Cancel" You can also choose to 'preview' the report.

I believe that there is a preference for paid reporting only customers to have a copy of the report sent to them. The 'show technical details' button is below the box where one pastes the spam.

I don't remember what it looks like when one doesn't have the 'show technical details' - however, there probably is a 'tracking URL' on the page where one chooses to send or cancel. Clicking on that will produce the report.

It is also possible for paying customers to view previous reports.

HTH

Miss Betsy

thanks for the quick answers,

ok the link i am talking about. http://www.spamcop.net/?code=2gA...........(authorization code from email when i signed up).

unfortunatly i didnt check the set cookie box when i processd the spam, thats why my login name didnt show and nothing got sent(even though it looked like). i checked the box now.and i am still logged in after processing the spam.

still wondering , if i should get a report or confirmation by submitting through the link above.

i have sent 1 through

submit.2gAb1JGcYcANOAjU[at]spam.spamcop.net and i got a reply back>>so this works......

i just want to make sure this junk gets reported i am tired of these freaks.

i am not a payed member yet.(i know you cant get reports if payed).

thanks again

thanks for the quick answers,

ok the link i am talking about. http://www.spamcop.net/?code=2gA...........(authorization code from email when i signed up). <snip>

still wondering , if i should get a report or confirmation by submitting through the link above. <snip>

Hi, zocker!

...So do I understand correctly that you are asking about the SpamCop web report form -- the web page that has a text-entry box with the instruction, "Paste entire spam (headers, blank line, body) - or - single address (one line only):"? If so, then you should get a response back after you click the "Process spam" button. First, there should be a message like

Please wait - subscribe to remove this delay

(or click reload if this page does not refresh automatically in 7 seconds.)

Members avoid this nag screen

followed after a few seconds by something like
SpamCop v 1.351 © SpamCop.net, Inc. 1998-2004 All Rights Reserved

spam Header

This page may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z539574186z71...339e0a3b37bdc3z

0: Received: from usea-nagw3.na.uis.unisys.com ([0.0.0.0]) by servername.domain with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:00:17 -0400

No unique hostname found for source: 0.0.0.0

Server received mail from source-server ( 0.0.0.0 )

. . .

. . .

. . .

Report spam to:

. . .

. . .

. . .

["Send spam Report(s) Now" button] ["Preview Reports" button]["Cancel" button]

which includes a list of addresses to which reports will be sent. When you click on the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button, you should receive a confirmation screen telling you that reports have been sent and to what e-mail addresses.

Steve, I think he is talking about sending a spam via email (because of the authorization code and apparent auto response).

i checked the box now.and i am still logged in after processing the spam.

still wondering , if i should get a report or confirmation by submitting through the link above.

i have sent 1 through

submit.2gAb1JGcYcANOAjU[at]spam.spamcop.net and i got a reply back>>so this works.

When you get the autoresponse back, you click on the link within and that takes you to the web page where you see 'Unreported spam Report Now' (you can also check this page without clicking on the link in the autoresponse by going to the web site and logging in).

When you 'Report Now' you will see the technical details (maybe - see previous post) and check boxes with checks in them for the reports spamcop will send if you click send. You may uncheck boxes (or click cancel). You may also preview the report that will be sent. It is unwise to check boxes that spamcop has not checked until you have more idea of what you are doing. It is wise to check that your ISP has not been chosen for reports. If it has, it is most likely a hiccup in the parser, so cancel the report. If your ISP is consistently chosen, then there is another problem.

The tracking URL (at the top of the page) can be copied and kept to refer to what was sent. Otherwise, when you 'Send' the report, you will get a page that says reports were sent.

HTH,

Miss Betsy

hi and thanks,i havnt checked this in a while.

i do get this one

Please wait - subscribe to remove this delay

(or click reload if this page does not refresh automatically in 7 seconds.)

Members avoid this nag screen

i also get this one

SpamCop v 1.351 © SpamCop.net, Inc. 1998-2004 All Rights Reserved

spam Header

This page may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z539574186z71...339e0a3b37bdc3z

0: Received: from usea-nagw3.na.uis.unisys.com ([0.0.0.0]) by servername.domain with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:00:17 -0400

No unique hostname found for source: 0.0.0.0

Server received mail from source-server ( 0.0.0.0 )

. . .

. . .

. . .

Report spam to:

. . .

. . .

. . .

["Send spam Report(s) Now" button] ["Preview Reports" button]["Cancel" button]

iam just wondering how i can make sure that it gets there,some kind of report back to my inbox,that it was sent.cause i keep getting back the same junk....seems like with the same isp.....chinanet stuff and quest aso

i do use the website for reports not the direct email.

Reporting via spamcop only sends a report. both chinanet and qwest are notorious for not doing anything about spammers so the spam will keep coming even though you report them.

It is too early in the morning for me to understand what you have posted.

You are apparently a free reporting user (now known as paid users with no fuel). If you were a paid user, you can receive a copy of reports sent. However, since you don't want the spam, if you go to paid, it would probably be better to get the email service which filters spam into a Held mail folder. You also can report unlimited spam.

Someone else reported that he saw

No unique hostname found for source
but there is something wrong with the tracking URL and I can't see what happened.

Miss Betsy

Because of the recent change to accounts, you MAY be able to get copies of all reports sent to a specific address. The option is there, but I don't know if it works with no fuel...

From the reporting screen...Click Preferences, Report Handling Options

and look for the entry: Personal copies of outgoing reports

If you wish to receive a copy of every outgoing report, enter your email address here. This should not be your spamcop address. Leave it blank, use your secret address, or another account you own. This is a bcc, so nobody else will be able to see this address. Note this will create a separate copy for each report even if there are multiple reports per spam.

Archived