Forwarded email goes into time warp

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Pretty much anytime I forward email from the held email on spamcop I can expect that email to not show up for as logn as an hour after I have forwarded it. What gives? It would be nice if there was an option to forward and save that email to a folder on there server just incase.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking/talking about. If it's a spam report, try reading http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1848 ... if you are talking about simply forwarding an e-mail to some other ISP (still puzzling over your "save that email to a folder on there server just incase" statement) .. then perhaps providing a copy of the headers of one that "finally showed up" so someone here can analyze the path this e-mail took to see where the delay is coming from. If you're talking about something else entirely, please explain a bit more.

Guest 1xdlug1efl

When I get a legit email in my held email and I choose to Forward and Whitelist sender I cannot be sure I will get it anytime soon. The problem is intermittent. Half an hour ago I whitelsited and forwarded an emial that I still have not received whereas two minutes ago I did the same to anothe rmessage and it came through immediately.

As far as "save that email to a folder on there server just incase" it's like how all the spam I report is stored in my trash folder I want email that I whitelisted and forwarded to also remain in a folder.

Guest 1xdlug1efl

I received an email a few days ago and whiteleisted and had it forwarded and I still have not seen it. It had an image attached to it?

Is this common that fowarded emails disappear like this after being forwarded?

Guest 1xdlug1efl
I would have to say that it's not all that common, else there'd be many more complaints about it.

OK well where did it go? The same place that missing socks go?

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Okay well to readdress one of my earlier suggestions it would be great if you have an option on the held mail page to move an email to a neutral folder in your email account instea dof forwardeing it or having to login into the horde email interface to move it from the held folder to a neutral folder.

There is currently one other option other than logging onto the web mail interface and that is using IMAP on your local client. It works great for moving files around.

If it is of any interest, the way I use it is

I have created one folder for white listing, one folder for full reporting and one for quick reporting.

When scanning through the held mail, I move any that need to be white listed to the white list folder.

Mail that makes it to my inbox I copy to either the quick reporting folder or the full reporting folder.

I delete all old mail in mass and any other mail that I do not want to report.

Then I move the files from the quick report folder to the held mail folder.

Jumping to the spamcop ver held mail interface I click on the browser refresh button (it does not display correctly (even if you just open the interface) without doing a refresh.

I then check all and quick report.

Jumping back to IMAP I move white list mail to the held mail folder.

Jumping back to ver I refresh, check all and forward and whitelist.

I then do the same for the full reporting list.

If I have only a few to report I will use the cut and paste method, but other wise I find this method much faster.

I could use the ver interface, but you can not sort the mail as you go, so you have to scan the mail multiple times for each action you want to do. besides I find the ver interface hard to read.

I doubt if anyone is really interested, but just felt like sharing.

Guest 1xdlug1efl
There is currently one other option other than logging onto the web mail interface and that is using IMAP on your local client.  It works great for moving files around.

If it is of any interest, the way I use it is

I have created one folder for white listing, one folder for full reporting and one for quick reporting.

When scanning through the held mail, I move any that need to be white listed to the white list folder.

Mail that makes it to my inbox I copy to either the quick reporting folder or the full reporting folder.

I delete all old mail in mass and any other mail that I do not want to report.

Then I move the files from the quick report folder to the held mail folder.

Jumping to the spamcop ver held mail interface I click on the browser refresh button (it does not display correctly (even if you just open the interface) without doing a refresh.

I then check all and quick report.

Jumping back to IMAP I move white list mail to the held mail folder.

Jumping back to ver I refresh, check all and forward and whitelist.

I then do the same for the full reporting list.

If I have only a few to report I will use the cut and paste method, but other wise I find this method much faster.

I could use the ver interface, but you can not sort the mail as you go, so you have to scan the mail multiple times for each action you want to do. besides I find the ver interface hard to read.

I doubt if anyone is really interested, but just felt like sharing.

Hmm I'll think about that.. I haven't used a local client mail program in years.. if for no other reason except to avoid getting snagged by Microsoft outlook virus express not that there aren't others I could use instead. If horde mail would keep my logged in then I might use it more.

Hmm I'll think about that.. I haven't used a local client mail program in years.. if for no other reason except to avoid getting snagged by Microsoft outlook virus express not that there aren't others I could use instead

pretty old stuff there ... update to OE6, SP1, etc. .... set to run in Restricted Zone, then fire up IE and actually set up the Restricted Zone to disallow all the scripts, and active codeware .... and that's just the first step, but makes the greatest impact ... I get virii sent here all the time, based on my addresses existing in so many places, but have yet to get one of those famous infections ....

If horde mail would keep my logged in then I might use it more.

Some have blamed this on cookie issues, but ...????

Archived