Quick reporting problems

I've encountered problems with quick response reporting.

1. Lost reports. I sometimes get no verification of quick-reported emails. Yesterday an entire block of 15+ emails in my held folder were quick reported from Webmail, but recieved no verification email and none these ever appeared in my prior report list. (All of them did get moved to my Trash folder.) Sometimes only a portion of a selected block of emails get acknowleged - this occurs whether reported from the VER site ot Webmail.

2. Slow reporting. It can take several hours to get a verification to review, and the same delay applies to the time of appearance of the reports in my prior reports list. It's almost always much faster and certain to "queue for reporting" from VER and manually report them.

3. Is it possible to "queue" submit from the Webmail site as can be done via VER?

3. Is it possible to "queue" submit from the Webmail site as can be done via VER?

In theory it is possible, but when I have tested it, it did not work for me.

Steps taken from within the web mail interface.

Click on the folder drop down box and select "Held Mail"

Mark the messages you want to report check the top (unlabeled box) to select all

Click on "Report as spam" on the lower menu bar (just above the list of messages)

[if you click on "Report spam" on the top menu bar, it will take you to the Reporting interface (http://mailsc.spamcop.net/)]

Confirmation box opens up "Are you sure you wish to report this message as spam?" - Click on OK

You should receive the following response:

1 message has been reported as spam to SpamCop.

1 message(s) have been deleted

(note: above was the result of reporting a single message)

The message has been moved the the trash folder

There is no record made in the past reports file and the message does NOT appear in the queue list.

I just discovered that message is actually quick reported and an email confirmation is set.

I would have though "Report as spam" would mean full report, not quick report

Am I simply coming up with a wrong conclusion? or should the heading be changed to indicate quick reporting?

A different answer than dbiel gave....

Yes, you can select from the message list and then click the "Forward" link next to the Report as spam link. This will create a new message you can email to your submit.x address which will queue the messages for full reporting (requires completing the process).

Also, all of my quick reports get shown in my Previous Reports area.

Yes, you can select from the message list and then click the "Forward" link next to the Report as spam link. This will create a new message you can email to your submit.x address which will queue the messages for full reporting (requires completing the process).

Thanks - I thought I might be able to do it that way but it's much simpler with VER. My suggestion would be to add a "standard report" button to the webmail site.

Also, all of my quick reports get shown in my Previous Reports area.

That's my experience too (except those lost reports). Some take hours to show up there (and get a cofirmation email).

Archived