Spam Cop Software?

wildfire

No this is not what I mean. There was a software program we could download that worked in comjunction with Outlook email and it would send our spam to the spam cop address we had assigned with the click of a button. I need to get this software again to use.

Hi, wildfire!

...Is what is posted at SpamCop FAQ: Outlook 98 and 2000 the answer to your question?

14302[/snapback]

I read the WHOLE page and the software I am looking for is NOT included in the THREE listed. If it was I would have recognized it. Thanks for your help but let me see if anyone else may have other ideas as to what I am looking for!

I can only guess that you did not actually read that whole page.  Third-party software is listed at the bottom, which would certainly fit your "download and installed" description.

14339[/snapback]

I read the WHOLE page and the software I am looking for is NOT included in the THREE listed. If it was I would have recognized it. Thanks for your help but let me see if anyone else may have other ideas as to what I am looking for!

14350[/snapback]

...It would appear not since no one has replied. That suggests that you were using something not widely known here. Do you have memory of *anything* that would help us help you? Maybe a URL in your browser history or any part of the name of this software...?

I had a catastrophic hard drive failure and have lost the software used to report my spam in Outlook (It reports my spam to SpamCop for me). Anyone remember where to get it from?

You are not alone, at least I traced it to a malicious hacker.

...Might Another outlook 2003 addin be the program for which you are looking, wildfile?

...Or maybe one of these: Features chart for SpamPal and some of its major competitors?

...Or one of the ones referred to by moonbroth in his reply to thread "is there a list ?, looking for blacklist"?

...Sorry, but I'm running out of ideas....

• 10 months later...

I think the OP is looking for SpamDeputy

I'm using SD here with my Outlook 2000. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with SC not finding the links in the mal-formed email, but I don't know if this is a SC issue or Outlook or SD issue... *shrug*

I'm using SD here with my Outlook 2000. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with SC not finding the links in the mal-formed email, but I don't know if this is a SC issue or Outlook or SD issue... *shrug*

29276[/snapback]

This seems to happen frequently when the original spam was in MIME format. Unfortunately, Outlook does not reveal the raw message, but only the headers, the MIME boundaries, and the source code of the HTML part. The Outlook add-ons try to piece something together from these elements, but it is not enough information to recreate the whole message. This has the result that the SpamCop parser notices something funny with the MIME formatting and refuses to search for links.

Archived