spam Flood

kluless

Over the past couple of days I've had quite a surge in spam, from the usual 5 or 6 per day to 50+ today. This is on a Y! account...

Anyone else having this problem?

I've noticed that a lot of them are coming from a .win domain e.g. enarnusy@thrivedesigngrants.win and the host for all of the .win mails is limestonenetworks.com

Googled .win and got this...

.win is a generic top-level domain managed by Famous Four Media of Gibraltar, who pitch it as a memorable gTLD for "online gaming resources and services". Famous Four Media is managing "60 gTLD applications". Some ransomware posts ransom links that include .win and .onion URIs.

Looks like it's a spammer's home from home

Not to sound flippant, but it must be your turn in the barrel.  It seems to me that spam comes and goes in waves. Currently this forum is not receiving the 40-50 daily spam posting it usually receives. My email accounts also are on a low ebb.  I have not noticed any email from the win TLD

I've noticed the pattern of having spam coming in waves, and recently noticed a flood of grumpy customers of the ISP I use on Facebook.  I'm currently experiencing a lull in the amount of spam I'm receiving - the flow hasn't dried up completely, but it's a lot quieter for me.

A Tracking URL is at the top of the report page and looks like

SpamCop v 4.8.7 © 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6437551039z397c7682b607208ad3137a9ddf74157ez

With that information we all can see the spam (your email address munged) and all the results of the parser.  There may be some information you have overlooked.

11 hours ago, kluless said:

It's an APNIC address

I got another 76 spams from them today, looks like if you report them they retaliate with even more...

101.193.235.23 don't tell one much need 1 tracking url your email is probably on a Chinese botnet.
Online criminals continue to distribute spam and carry out scams - even with the Chinese government involved. 

2 hours ago, kluless said:

I'm confused what does this tracking URL have to do with 101.193.235.23? The tracking URL wants to report "Re: 60.233.211.56 (Administrator of network where email originates)"

By the way you can go ahead and report this spam and the Tracking URL will still be available.

11 hours ago, kluless said:

Of course I submitted it, how else would I receive the tracking URL?

The tracking URL you copy is only there BEFORE you submit, It canbe used after you submit to check report

15 hours ago, kluless said:

No (dot)win spam for 3 days, looks like they've been shut down...

The "Alibamer" or "fake header" Spammer came alive again sent report to Cert, China from my email account, shut spammer down for a week last time.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6442078877zdcbce78955ff93c281d2d0169c7b6886z

Archived