mailchimp.com & list-manage.com

efa

hi,

I got 99% of the spams from mailchimp servers and spamvertizing their subdomain list-manage.

Obviously I never subscribed to their lists, and un-subscription does not work.

Also they profiled me, as they send spam with arguments similar to my interest, also not always they had success on this (for example the following one is a scam mail).

Spamcop reporting seems avoid to complaint for this spammer:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6440369112z1b083bdc097336327bb6e3d628e50a11z

it say send to <abuse-spamcop@akamai.com>, but real report say:

To: abuse-spamcop@akamai.com (refuses to accept this type of report)

To: abuse-spamcop#akamai.com@devnull.spamcop.net

Any suggestion?

I have seen a bunch of those, with the similar results.  What I believe helped stop them was to keep marking them as spam in gmail and to keep reporting them.  For some reason, I have not seen them in about two months now.  I forget how long I kept reporting those until they stopped, which was probably around two years.

Now if more folks would keep reporting these, they would stay on the blocklist and not be able to send any email to folks using the blocklist until they decided to clean up their act.  It maybe the only way to catch their attention.

34 minutes ago, efa said:

If reports are sent to <abuse#mailchimp.com@devnull.spamcop.net> instead of <abuse@mailchimp.com>, the mail source provider will go anyway to the blocklists?

Yes your reports do feed the SCBL no matter where the spam reports are sent (or not).

From the Tracking URL you provided I see that the reason SC devnulled the spam report to mailchimp.com is that passed reports to them have bounced. (SC sees no reason to used the bandwidth to clutter the internet with email and bounce message when the results are known.)

An email to mailchimp, as an email list servicer, could be useful.  They should be interested that one of their clients is sending spam. You can google mailchimp and get lots of links.

When I report spam that appears to come via mailchimp and it gets devnulled, I manually forward a copy to abuse[at]mailchimp.com. This commonly gets an autoresponse, and occasionally gets a follow-up email.

• 1 month later...

I wrote to GoDaddy registrar asking to be removed from them customer mail list.

Apart they require a complicated method for spam complaint with a form

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport

and a CAPTCHA that often refuse valid reply, I got a month of peace without them junk, then the story restarted.

Mailchimp is part of the junk business and GoDaddy has to gain from the situation, so they are responsible accomplices. As Knujon showed ICANN is responsible too.

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, efa said:

I wrote to GoDaddy registrar asking to be removed from them customer mail list.

Apart they require a complicated method for spam complaint with a form

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport

and a CAPTCHA that often refuse valid reply, I got a month of peace without them junk, then the story restarted.

Mailchimp is part of the junk business and GoDaddy has to gain from the situation, so they are responsible accomplices. As Knujon showed ICANN is responsible too.

Membera,

GODADDY's OL form is complicated/CAPTCHA also refuses to process (for me). 

I'm getting good results forwarding spam direct to Mailchimp (as well as submitting to SC), still working on Godaddy solution...could end up being "go-away-daddy";)

Archived