Registered address

In the mailhosts registration system (http://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhconf&authcode=*munged*) reference is made to my "registered address". That address is my spamcop email address that I want to keep private and where I don't want to receive any email nor have that address propagated anywhere.

Is it possible to have my registered email address changed? If so, how?

Is it also the address that is used in spam reporting? Then I really, really want to change it!

Thanks

Mike B

Where do you think your e-mail address was publicized? As far as I know, setting up mail-hosts is between you, the SpamCop servers, and possibly the Deputies when queried.

As far as changing account names, try the FAQ .. one in progress right now found in the Lounge http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238 .. I'd suggest looking at "Member Questions"

Months ago (preMailhosts) there was a time when reporters were asked to choose a name that would go on the report. If you had not been using a name, your email address was the default. If you did not choose a name to go on the report, then, IIRC, your email address became the 'name' and went on all the reports that went out. I read a post by someone who discovered this when they previewed a report, and again, IIRC, Don said that that 'name' cannot be changed (at least at that time). That was long ago and so many other changes have happened that it probably is no longer true, but that is possibly why mpbrede is concerned about hir 'registered name'

Miss Betsy

I still get the "request" ;

No human-friendly name set

Please add a human-friendly name to your account. This can be an alias or your real name

But I don't see this as a Mail-Host thing. Just looked at Past-Reports, but that shows only the spam .... after 20+ hours with no power, one of my first actions was to clear my e-mail, but I don't recall seeing my e-mail address in an outgoing report (Preview mode) .. then again, it's been ages since actually parsing a spme to report mysef, most of my "Past" are showing as cancelled, I believe those parses done on other folks' spam for troubleshooting purposes ..

Archived