Emails not being forwarded is moved from heldmails

Hi all,

I have email forwarding setup and it works properly. But if a mail got stuck in heldmails accidentally and I move it to my Inbox, those mails don't get forwarded to my forwarding address, even after 1 day.

Please advise

Thanks

Kelvin Wong

That is correct. With forwarding, the message never actually reaches your inbox but rather is forwarded upon receipt. The Inbox is not looked at.

If you are using Webmail, there is a "Release" and "Release and Whitelist" function available to do what you ask. If you are using some other application (IMAP) to move the message, you should use that same application to download it to your local client.

That is correct.  With forwarding, the message never actually reaches your inbox but rather is forwarded upon receipt.  The Inbox is not looked at.

I'm trying to understand a problem I'm having -- maybe this partly explains it.

I connect to my spamcop inbox using IMAP, usually using Eudora as a client. I was on another computer today and thought I would clean out my held-mail folder while I was waiting for something else, but I was distressed to see about 20 messages that have been sitting in my INBOX folder for a few days, but had been moved to the HELD folder. So I selected them and released & whitelisted them, then opened Thunderbird (not my usual client, because I'm still not on my usual machine) to see that the messages had not moved back to my inbox. So I manually dragged them to a temporary folder. Now that I'm back on my regular client, things are as I left them on the other computer, but now I'm getting REALLY antsy.

Over the past week I keep having situations where email that has never been trapped has been showing up in my held mail folder, and in a few cases I have accidentally [quick-]reported my own messages as spam. Some of it has been email from me that I cc'ed myself. I felt especially sheepish when I had called my ISP to help me figure out the reason I have had so much mail blocked, only to send them a false spam report about MYSELF later the same day.

I don't know if there's a problem with the IMAP folders getting out of sync somehow (maybe this version of Eudora is buggy) or if there's a weird server thing going on, but I'm going to have to stop [quick-]reporting spam for awhile until I figure out why the messages are getting into the wrong folder.

BTW I have turned on several of the "extra" blocklists, but the messages that I accidentally reported claimed they were in the bl.spamcop list, though when I checked I coudn't see any evidence that the IPs were CURRENTLY in the list. That's why I called my ISP to try to figure it out.

If you are using Webmail, there is a "Release" and "Release and Whitelist" function available to do what you ask.  If you are using some other application (IMAP) to move the message, you should use that same application to download it to your local client.

15029[/snapback]

Thanks... this worked!!

Archived