Arg, spamcop, i need help.

jmweb

Hello,

Recently I have been having a problem with another web hosting company and his friends. So far he has reported me to our datacenter for starting ddos attacks, left threatening messages on our phone systems and spammed our forums. Either way, the guy who is behind all of this is being a major pain and recently he reported us to spamcop as well as his friends. The IP address is 69.93.32.66 and I am wondering if someone can send me some information on the reports for our lawsuit, at the same time I am wondering why is it so easy to send in these fake reports. How do I go about contacting spamcop for this information?

Reports would have been sent to abuse<at>theplanet.com You should contact them about this.

You can also try deputies<at>spamcop.net.

Your story does seem to ring true...There have been less that 10 reports, it has been listed for less than 24 hours, and senderbase shows very low traffic from the IP with no large increase in traffic.

Good luck.

at the same time I am wondering why is it so easy to send in these fake reports

It has to be a pretty good forgery to get past spamcop usually and it takes more than 1 reporter to get someone blacklisted. Also, if they are doing this, it is against spamcop policy and they can be fined or have their reporting privs revoked.

Perhaps you really need to talk to the folks found at;

Parsing input: 69.93.32.66

host 69.93.32.66 = server.peihosting.com (cached)

Reporting addresses:

abuse[at]theplanet.com

These appear to be the folks that would receive any abuse complaints. You don't do a good job of identifying your self here, and I'm going to have to guess that you've not gone through the "Why am I Blocked" FAQ, else you'd not be asking the questions you've posed.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=69.93.32.66 doesn't quite back up your "massive harassment" claim, but again, this page is no longer real-time and recently has had some other issues .... However, the data at http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...ing=69.93.32.66 looks a bit disturbing ... did all the harassment cause something to get fixed?

hmmm, odd we have not had any complaints against us [at]theplanet. oh wait, maybe it isn't so odd.

If you have confirmed this, the only recourse is to contact deputies<at>spamcop.net. Apparently the people reporting you have unchecked the reports to your ISP.

This one especially looks particularly disturbing!

And again, there is plenty more on Google!!

Long history it seems, everything from phishers, spoofing of bank domains to everyday spam.

15364[/snapback]

He should try contacting them again, recently I have heard a lot of critisim against theplanet because their policys are too strict. I.E 1-2 reports of spam and the server is gone. Mind you i can not confirm this but thats from what I've read.

He should try contacting them again, recently I have heard a lot of critisim against theplanet because their policys are too strict. I.E 1-2 reports of spam and the server is gone. Mind you i can not confirm this but thats from what I've read.

15381[/snapback]

theplanet is a sewer. If they act on spam complaints then it must be something new. Like stated above public sightings in Google shows evidence of that.

Archived