Important Annaunce

olemediagroup.com

I want to bring to the attetion of everybody this message:

It is already my second time that I have got the same email from "what they say, concern about your Bank online" requiring to confirm my banking information.

I would like to know how can I report this e-mail from spamming and of course to stop this particular email to keep sending it to people who may think that is real and actually them providing account info and so on

The email says:

Dear SunTrust Bank Client,

Recently there have been a large number of identity theft attemps targeting SunTrust customers. In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details (credit card information and login/password for online banking, if you have).

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject to temporaty suspension.

To securely confirm you SunTrust Bank details please follow the link:

http://www.suntrust.com/personal/Checking/...ng/security.asp

Please DO NOT FALL ON THIS!

Here is the raw message in case some of you know what to do to stop this

From identdepmnt_op7726186[at]suntrust.com Tue Aug 17 23:30:09 2004

Return-Path: <identdepmnt_op7726186[at]suntrust.com>

Delivered-To:

Received: (qmail invoked from network); 18 Aug 2004 04:17:36 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO 00.000.000.000) (hrucql[at]61.188.241.19)

by with SMTP; 18 Aug 2004 04:17:36 -0000

X-Mozilla-Status: 0001

X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000

FCC: mailbox://identdepmnt_op7726186[at]suntrust.com/Sent

X-Identity-Key: id1

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:25:24 -0500

From: SunTrust bank <identdepmnt_op7726186[at]suntrust.com>

X-Mozilla-Draft-Info: internal/draft; vcard=0; receipt=0; uuencode=0

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)

X-Accept-Language: en-us, en

MIME-Version: 1.0

To:

Subject: SunTrust Bank: urgent security notification [Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:19:24 -0300]

Content-Type: multipart/related;

boundary="------------030708010705000706060006"

Thanks a lot

Luis Laborda

Olemediagroup.com

How to report? .... go to www.spamcop.net and sign up for a free account, spend some time going through the FAQ, and report your spam. How and why did you find your way to a SpamCop Forum without having a clue as to what SpamCop is?

It sounds to me as though the poster does not have English as a first language. s/he may have hoped to get simplified instructions by asking instead of trying to translate the FAQ.

Is there any possibility that the way the FAQ are not set up, that there could be translations by volunteers? At least of some of them. The translations could be posted to the Test Forum and linked.

Miss Betsy

Is there any possibility that the way the FAQ are not set up, that there could be translations by volunteers? At least of some of them. The translations could be posted to the Test Forum and linked.

Miss Betsy

This sounds like a great idea. Wazoo is doing a wonderful job of making changes and additions to the FAQ especially when we provide a base that he can cut and paste from or link to. It is like magic, it just happens. If you would like an example of his magic see the following posts

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=15148

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=15054

I would say go ahead and try one, I would put it in the Lounge though as the test forum gets deleted from time to time.

I want to bring to the attetion of everybody this message:

It is already my second time that I have got the same email from "what they say, concern about your Bank online" requiring to confirm my banking information.

I would like to know how can I report this e-mail from spamming and of course to stop this particular email to keep sending it to people who may think that is real and actually them providing account info and so on

The email says:

<snip>

Thanks a lot

Luis Laborda

Olemediagroup.com

15366[/snapback]

Hi, Luis,

...Thank you for letting us know about this. Most of us are aware of these sorts of e-mails and are not fooled by them.

...This is a type of trick called "phishing." Unless you are really a SunTrust customer, there is not much you can (or need to) do about it. If you are a SunTrust customer, you may, if you wish, find SunTrust's actual web page and look there to see if they have an e-mail address or contact web page.

Archived