Please help ppl

riaana

Hi there all,

I admin some mail servers for tiscali in south africa, the outbound relays consist of a cluster of 3 linux boxes. They got listed by spamcop because of a !$[at]$#%#^[at]#^ client who had an open relay.

The client has been banned off the servers as a consequence. I deleted ~15000 mails incl. mailer-daemon messages out of the queue.

The actual spam got deleted around 10-12 GMT on monday, and the daemons on tuesday around the same time. The reason being that i saw you guys can list us because of that too.

Getting to the point:

Can you tell me when last there were any reports about the 3 servers? they are

Hi there all,

Getting to the point:

Can you tell me when last there were any reports about the 3 servers? they are

15375[/snapback]

This is a peer-to-peer forum of (mostly) happy users. 'We' are not privy to any more information than that you can find via the 'checkblock' web-form (see the FAQ's; is my server listed?)

To save you the trouble ;) none of those is shown as currently listed though Senderbase shows all three on the SpamCop blocklist. My GUESS is that they were listed and have 'aged off' (both listing and de-listing is automatic). For more info that is not in the public domain drop an e-mail to deputies <at> spamcop <dot> net.

This is a peer-to-peer forum of (mostly) happy users. 'We' are not privy to any more information than that you can find via the 'checkblock' web-form (see the FAQ's; is my server listed?)

To save you the trouble  ;)  none of those is shown as currently listed though Senderbase shows all three on the SpamCop blocklist. My GUESS is that they were listed and have 'aged off' (both listing and de-listing is automatic). For more info that is not in the public domain drop an e-mail to deputies <at> spamcop <dot> net.

15378[/snapback]

I figured something like that, i'll have a look again at the senderbase stuff

Thanks man!

I figured something like that, i'll have a look again at the senderbase stuff

Thanks man!

15379[/snapback]

Yes there were huge numbers of spamtrap hits. The spams seem to have stopped. You can write to deputies <at> spamcop.net where I can provide some limited additional information.

Archived