IP Blacklisted - Did I do this correctly?

amaul

Hello. The first message below I sent to my ISP. Is this what I needed to do here to get the IP 64.136.164.4 delisted? I assume this problem is associated with my ISP and not my specific computer, correct? Two examples of the bounced back error messages appear below.

Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:44:34 -0500

To: support[at]pghconnect.com, postmaster[at]pghmail.com

Subject: PghMail servers are on SpamCop's list and are being blocked by other ISPs.

Please address this quickly. PghMail servers have been "blacklisted". I am paying for email service in my contract with you, and PghMail is not able to provide me with this service because you allow spammers to abuse your servers. Thank you.

The following is found at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35

4.) Now we will talk about who is "really" blocking your email

... Most likely the recipients ISP is using the Spamcop List (we will discuss this in the next part #5) and they have blocked this email because the sending ISP's server is a known source of spam on the Internet. You should be complaining to your ISP because they allow spammers to use their resources which in turn caused your email to get blocked....

6.) Final Notes (VERY IMPORTANT)

... Also, get proactive and help stop the flow of spam. Complain to your ISP because it is their servers that are being blocked. Let them know that you are paying for email service in your contract with them and they are not able to provide you with this service because they allow spammers to abuse their servers.

Following are portions of error messages I recently received:

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:56:02 -0500

Subject: Delivery failure

Your message has encountered delivery problems to the following recipient(s):

abc[at]xyz

Delivery failed

553 5.3.0 Delivery blocked; sender rejected via DNS blacklist. Visit http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=64.136.164.4 for more information.

Received:553 5.3.0 Delivery blocked; sender rejected via DNS blacklist. Visit http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=64.136.164.4 for more information.

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:36:47 -0500

Subject: Delivery failure

Your message has encountered delivery problems to the following recipient(s):

def[at]ghi

Delivery failed

550 mail from 64.136.164.4 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted)

No recipients were successfully delivered to.

Hello.  The first message below I sent to my ISP.  Is this what I needed to do here to get the IP 64.136.164.4 delisted?  I assume this problem is associated with my ISP and not my specific computer, correct?

Yes, this is what you needed to do to get the IP 64.136.164.4 delisted. The next step should be a phone call or visit to your ISP.

Yes, this problem is associated with your ISP's server 64.136.164.4 (webmail.pghmail.com).

Archived