do filters come before blacklists

Im getting false positives, but get about 2000 spams from idiots a day so cant lower the blacklist level

anyway...

ive set up a filter to always deliver email to address X t my inbox so i always get mails to that address.

but

will the blacklists come into force first?

if spamhaus or spmacop or whatever has blacklisted whole domains that I have customers in, I still need to get their emails.

So i need the filter to override the blacklist. is this how it works?

Im getting false positives, but get about 2000 spams from idiots a day so cant lower the blacklist level

anyway...

ive set up a filter to always deliver email to address X t my inbox so i always get mails to that address.

but

will the blacklists come into force first?

if spamhaus or spmacop or whatever has blacklisted whole domains that I have customers in, I still need to get their emails.

So i need the filter to override the blacklist. is this how it works?

16452[/snapback]

One major problem with the personal filters, they only work if you are using the webmail interface. If you are using your local client to view mail they do not work at all.

As long as you have set the filter preferences up correctly (meaning the way you want them to work) and created the appropriate individual filters, then as long as you log into the webmail interface first, they should work the way you want them to. You can still use your local client to view mail, but it should not be set up to automaticly POP your spamcop account. You must go through the two step process of logging into your spamcop account using the webmail interface at which time the filter can be automaticly run, then you are free to use any interface you like to view the results.

I would recommend reading the following How I use spam Cop, A detailed example PeterJ's example may be very helpful for you.

Archived