How do I get information on my Accusers?

derek

My Companies email server has been listed in you black list resently and I would like to get a copy of the complaints that have been made against us and the contact inforamation for the people who have made the complaints. I understand from the FAQ that this information should be avaliabe but I have not been able to locate it on your webpage. Any assistant I can get in tracking down the problem so that it can be resolved would be appriciated.

the server ip address is 66.179.107.13

My Companies email server has been listed in you black list resently and I would like to get a copy of the complaints that have been made against us and the contact inforamation for the people who have made the complaints. I understand from the FAQ that this information should be avaliabe but I have not been able to locate it on your webpage. Any assistant I can get in tracking down the problem so that it can be resolved would be appriciated.

Reports were sent to abuse at inflow dot net. You may wish to contact them.

You'll also want to get rDNS setup for your server's IP address as many mail admins (like AOL) choose to refuse mail from servers that don't have a PTR record for the server's IP.

You may also wish to send an email to deputies at spamcop dot net who'll be able to provide you some better information as to why you are listed.

I see that your machine has been sending to spamtraps. If you are running AV software on the server you'll want to disable the virus notification feature as that feature often send notifications to forged email addresses.

Looks like you are running Exchange. You'll want to also make sure that all your role accounts (admin, guest, webmaster, etc) are either disabled or have non-trivial passwords as spammer are now trying to exploit default and role accounts on exchange servers.

You'll also want to look at the configuration of the machine as does not appear to be identifying itself correctly (it's responding with mail01.westwood200 without the trailing .com .net or whatever is is supposed to be).

In addition to the other reply:

According to http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...p=66.179.107.13 :

Query bl.spamcop.net - 66.179.107.13

DNS error: 66.179.107.13 has no reverse dns

66.179.107.13 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 50 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 34.7 days. It has been listed for 3.8 days.

In the past week, this system has:

Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

Been witnessed sending mail about 200 times

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Wednesday 2004/02/04 19:00:00 -0500:

Received: from -.- ([66.179.107.13]) by -.- with - -(-.-.-.-13)-

Thu, - Feb 2004 - -

Subject: peter - about -

Also, according to http://moensted.dk/spam/?addr=66.179.107.13 :

"66.179.107.13 was found in 6 lists (of 258 tested)"

In addition, the rdns and reported FQDN for 66.179.107.13 should be "webmail.westwood.edu" without quotes and your portion of 66.179.128.0/18 (part of 66.179.0.0 - 66.179.239.255) should be SWIPped to you if it is your responsibility.

Hi -- it appears that the server at IP 66.179.107.13 is being exploited by spammers using the SMTP/AUTH exploit -- please see the faq at:

http://news.spamcop.net/cgi-bin/fom?file=372

You can write to me at deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net if you need more detail.

Archived