Where to go for info

JohnLangerud

Hi There,

I've been browsing this bulletin board for a few days now. It would appear this BB is for people who have signed up for your e-mail reporting service. I have been looking for an appropriate place to ask a question about my e-mail server IP address being put on the spamcop list off and on for the last few weeks. None of the forum topics seem to invite this kind of question.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

John Langerud

I have been looking for an appropriate place to ask a question about my e-mail server IP address being put on the spamcop list off and on for the last few weeks.

The Spamcop Help forum is the best place to ask.

You should include your server IP address and a sample of the reject message you get. This will make it easier for people to investigate your problem.

[Edit]

you probably want to check out the Why am I blocked FAQ before posting too.

Hi, John!

Hi There,

I've been browsing this bulletin board for a few days now. It would appear this BB is for people who have signed up for your e-mail reporting service.

18109[/snapback]

...Would you please be so kind as to share with us what led you to that conclusion? Perhaps there's something specific that we need to try to have changed to avoid others reaching the same conclusion.

...Looking at the main forum page?, I see:

• Mailhosts System Beta Test
  • SpamCop Help
    A forum to help users with the SpamCop Reporting System. Questions about SpamCop Email should be directed to the appropriate forum, not this one.
  • <snip others>

Neither of these seem to have to do with SpamCop e-mail -- in fact, the text associated with "SpamCop Help" explicitly mentions that questions about the SpamCop e-mail service should be directed to other fora.... :unsure: <?>

I have been looking for an appropriate place to ask a question about my e-mail server IP address being put on the spamcop list off and on for the last few weeks. None of the forum topics seem to invite this kind of question.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

John Langerud

18109[/snapback]

...These types of questions normally go to the SpamCop Help forum. But, personally, I have no objection to this being here in the Lounge. Perhaps Wazoo (our forum moderator) will tell us otherwise and I'll bow to his position.

...As to the question that brought you here, I believe it is answered in Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting and Pinned: Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, Please read before posting.

...If you still have any questions after perusing these pinned items (sometimes you have to follow links another level or two deep in them), please return here to post follow-up questions.

I'm a bit amazed ... I'd ht "Help" first, see that this person has in fact posted over there. But now wondering why I felt the need to point to the FAQs once again. Based on the remarks that the FAQs had already been read, but needed a bit more, I'm a bit baffled by what data is not presented in the postings made over in Help ... hmmmmm .. and then thanking Merlyn for the same data that I would have sworn is within the FAQ ... I must not be awake yet????

Archived